Victorian Photography Studio

K Hale

Colonel
Annual Winner
As promised, the results are in.

4756130578_7f7f209f94.jpg

IMHO, I would be a halfway decent Flora Stuart. Seen worse resemblances.

This is a great place, btw. Highly recommended. They did not make me wear a corset. Whee!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is actually a photo I took with my camera of the actual print, and it isn't as good as the print itself, being a photo of a photo. Didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about the quality of their prints.

As promised, the results are in.

4756130578_7f7f209f94.jpg

IMHO, I would be a halfway decent Flora Stuart. Seen worse resemblances.

This is a great place, btw. Highly recommended. They did not make me wear a corset. Whee!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is actually a photo I took with my camera of the actual print, and it isn't as good as the print itself, being a photo of a photo. Didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about the quality of their prints.

I believe you've beat out Flora. Amazing photo. It makes you look so.... Victorian. I'm impressed.

Maybe you could photoshop JEB beside you.
Jeb+Stuart.jpg

dvrmte

I actually already thought of that... would have to see how it turned out. I'm not sure I have the skillz.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm really pleased with it. This is the only photo ever taken of me that makes me look tall. LOL

Wow! Why didn't I think of that--two clicks of the mouse, and out the hubby goes--and here comes.....uh....well, definitely not Ewell and definitely not Bragg.

Wow! Why didn't I think of that--two clicks of the mouse, and out the hubby goes--and here comes.....uh....well, definitely not Ewell and definitely not Bragg.

Bragg somehow got shortchanged in the good looks department. He should have come out handsome (see the pictures of him as a younger man - he's at least average looking), but it came out wrong.

Ewell...his eyes are funny and he's balding, but he's not ugly.

Stuart, on the other hand, is the very model of the cavalier. Handsomest general in the war, or at least one of the serious contenders.

K Hale: Whether or not that's a good picture (seems perfectly servicable to me), the person in it is looks beautiful. And elegant.

Flora...I'm with Dvrmte here. Flora doesn't measure up.

I actually already thought of that... would have to see how it turned out. I'm not sure I have the skillz.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm really pleased with it. This is the only photo ever taken of me that makes me look tall. LOL

I figured you would've thought of it even before the picture was taken.

I've never figured out why women worry about being short. My wife thinks she's short because she's only 5' 2". My God, most men ain't looking for an Amazon woman.

No you don't look short in the picture but you don't look tall either. You look like a woman is supposed to look.

dvrmte

It's a bonnet! She talked me into holding a bonnet, although I'm really more the hat type. I tried to put the bonnet on just for kicks, but could not raise my arms high enough. That bodice was somethin' else.

Oh... I didn't even think of that. And I had that snood on, too. Well, so far so good, head-wise.

Great photo, K. I didn't know what Flora Stuart looked like until I clicked on your link. There is a strong resemblance there, but I think you're more attractive. Could you be Flora reincarnated I wonder?:angel:

Lee

Thank you very much! I think I just look less weary. After all, when she had that picture taken, she had been married to Stuart for some years.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this may indeed have been somewhat the case at times.

Unfortunately, her letters to him either do not survive or have never been released by the family, but judging from his replies to what she had written, and some other circumstantial evidence... well, see above. Not that there's anything wrong with that, you understand. I'm just saying. And she certainly had her little ways too. Don't we all?

Back