NF Vicksburg

Non-Fiction
THE DEFINITION OF REGRET.

Owning the first edition of Bearss' 3-volume set "The Campaign for Vicksburg" and passing on obtaining the new (and final) reprint. I might be the publisher, but I am telling you flat out this is one of the most beautiful book sets we have ever done. Stunning, really. It is underpriced.

Don't get me wrong. The Morningside edition is awesome. But I wanted to do something special for Ed. The attributes NOT in the first printing include: 1. My very personal Publisher's Preface; 2. Foreword by Terrence J. Winschel, former chief historian at Vicksburg and Ed's dear friend; 3. 24 original full-color maps, on gloss paper inserts, by Hal Jespersen; 4. Absolutely superb dust jackets (none on first edition) with a matte finish, heavy stock, and photos of Ed through the years, most of which you have never seen.

About 50 sets left. [email protected] / 916-941-6896. Terms available. No payment until books ship (mid-late May).

https://www.savasbeatie.com/the-cam...ols-pre-order-now-via-email/?ref=CivilWarTalk

20210416_091654.jpg

20210416_091546.jpg

20210416_123200.jpg

THE DEFINITION OF REGRET.

Owning the first edition of Bearss' 3-volume set "The Campaign for Vicksburg" and passing on obtaining the new (and final) reprint. I might be the publisher, but I am telling you flat out this is one of the most beautiful book sets we have ever done. Stunning, really. It is underpriced.

Don't get me wrong. The Morningside edition is awesome. But I wanted to do something special for Ed. The attributes NOT in the first printing include: 1. My very personal Publisher's Preface; 2. Foreword by Terrence J. Winschel, former chief historian at Vicksburg and Ed's dear friend; 3. 24 original full-color maps, on gloss paper inserts, by Hal Jespersen; 4. Absolutely superb dust jackets (none on first edition) with a matte finish, heavy stock, and photos of Ed through the years, most of which you have never seen.

About 50 sets left. [email protected] / 916-941-6896. Terms available. No payment until books ship (mid-late May).

https://www.savasbeatie.com/the-cam...ols-pre-order-now-via-email/?ref=CivilWarTalk

View attachment 398011

View attachment 398012

View attachment 398013
Looks beautiful! I reserved a copy back in December and received a confirmation email then. Have not heard anything since, but assuming I’m still on the list. Looking forward to having a copy of the definitive campaign book on Vicksburg! Will be a great addition to my civil war library!

Looks beautiful! I reserved a copy back in December and received a confirmation email then. Have not heard anything since, but assuming I’m still on the list. Looking forward to having a copy of the definitive campaign book on Vicksburg! Will be a great addition to my civil war library!
The girls are emailing people in batches to collect payment info. Feel free to call 916-941-6896 and Lisa or Lois can take care of you. Many thanks...

Back