Vicksburg Relic Display

Tom Hughes

Sergeant Major
relicvariety.jpg

While the weather is nasty, icy and cold outside, I put together a few relics I've dug onto a wood prop. Hope you enjoy the display.

Thanks @ucvrelics How is your hunting going so far?
Mines going pretty good. The farmer felt sorry for me and brought me a 4 wheeler as when it rains I can't into the back field and have to walk, I'm to old to walk. I did find a strange bird in a CS camp why would a dragoon button be in a CS camp. Oh did find another one of the puff CS I buttons and a few Enfields and round balls. The bell shaped seal is for another thread as its from the original French settlers.

IMG_20210210_144142903.jpg

IMG_20210210_144156968.jpg

IMG_20210210_144205068.jpg

IMG_20210210_122455294.jpg

Mines going pretty good. The farmer felt sorry for me and brought me a 4 wheeler as when it rains I can't into the back field and have to walk, I'm to old to walk. I did find a strange bird in a CS camp why would a dragoon button be in a CS camp. Oh did find another one of the puff CS I buttons and a few Enfields and round balls. The bell shaped seal is for another thread as its from the original French settlers.

View attachment 391059

View attachment 391060

View attachment 391061

View attachment 391062
Now that’s a nice farmer!!
Congrats on some great relics coming out of your camp!!

View attachment 391059

View attachment 391060

View attachment 391061

View attachment 391062
That’s some good tilled dirt you have to hunt in!

That’s some good tilled dirt you have to hunt in!
Yes it is. When he bottom plowed which is the first time in many years it was so rough he could not furrow so he had to run a plow thing with spin type blades like an old push mower to smooth it out.

Is that a scew in your ATV’s tire?
I take it you mean screw, not that I could see but if it is I won't be pulling out.

Is that a Minelab Equinox? I want to start metal detecting in the worse way. Maybe join a club.
No its a Fisher Gold Bug Pro with an aftermarket NEL Storm 15" coil and its a hoss with the big head.

Back