Restricted UW-Madison Alumni Threaten to Pull Support if Campus Moved Embattled Lincoln Statue

Booklady

Sergeant
Now it's progressed to removing plain rocks because someone in the remote past may have called them something offensive.

Those who say all the hoopla about removals is just a slippery slope fallacy should really start paying attention to these sorts of demands.
No Brazil nuts will be allowed on campus either.

DanSBHawk

1st Lieutenant
Now it's progressed to removing plain rocks because someone in the remote past may have called them something offensive.

Those who say all the hoopla about removals is just a slippery slope fallacy should really start paying attention to these sorts of demands.
There was pushback and the Lincoln statue remains in place. I'm not aware of any recent demands to remove it since last years mania. So apparently the slope wasn't too slippery.

John Winn

Major
There was pushback and the Lincoln statue remains in place. I'm not aware of any recent demands to remove it since last years mania. So apparently the slope wasn't too slippery.
A good outcome (this time). The point is that 'they' keep pushing like this and it's getting more absurd. So I'd argue that the slope is far from secure.