USS Choctaw, finally finished

Just outstanding!
I would like to see it in person.
For this you will have to travel to Austria. I will put it on display during the upcoming GoModeling show, our annual IPMS Nationals here in Austria in the HGM museum in Vienna from March 9th till 10th. Besides of some really interesting models this museum is worth a long trip, believe me!

For this you will have to travel to Austria. I will put it on display during the upcoming GoModeling show, our annual IPMS Nationals here in Austria in the HGM museum in Vienna from March 9th till 10th. Besides of some really interesting models this museum is worth a long trip, believe me!
I’ve a feeling that had you managed to print a set of instructions for the build along with the materials required, you’d make a small fortune.

I’ve never seen anything that good except for at the National Mariners’ Museum in Norfolk! You should be proud.

After seeing this I think I'll quit. That is one of my favorite designs. Working in a large scale like that affords the opportunity for great detail and latitude for technique and materials. Impressive and very well done. Go forth and make more stuff.

Hi there,
well it is over 1 year ago, that I've posted a thread that I was going to build a large scale (1:72) all scratch build model (around 4 ft. long) of the USS Choctaw and here it is. If there are any questions concerning the model, just let me know and i will gladly answer all questions. The model is made of wood, metall and all sort of materials as long as I could use them. I had 4 different plans to choose from but to be honest none of them were completely right nor worng. In the end I had to rely mostly on photos but as far as I can say, this is perhaps the most correct version of this ironclad. Anyhow I really hope that you all will like it and as I already said, if there are any more questions please feel free to ask me. Here are the pictrues:View attachment 291796View attachment 291798View attachment 291799View attachment 291801View attachment 291802View attachment 291803View attachment 291804View attachment 291805View attachment 291807View attachment 291808View attachment 291810
Amazing detail you are quite an artist. Thank you

Back