USS Cairo relics but with photos and additional items

40FathomAndy

Cadet
I decided to just start a new thread on this. I finally got a chance to get into the collection to get some photos. I saw some additional things I'm interested in. Basically, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with a value so I can make a fair offer. Some of the photos are not too great as a lot of the stuff is hard to access because of how full the building is, so I apologize for that.

Models of CSS Cairo and Sultana - I'm told the owner "had them made". Whether that means scratch built or from a kit I don't know, but they look from what I can see to be not of the highest quality work but still very presentable.

Shadowbox with two pieces of wood from USS Cairo

Shadowbox with a piece of wood from CSS Neuce

There are various framed pictures, some from publications like Harper's. I'm pretty confident on valuations on that sort of thing but I threw a couple of pictures of them in anyway.

This is a really incredible collection. Lots of other antiques besides Civil War related, including a whole room of Remington, lots of wild west stuff. Pretty cool. I had to focus or I was going to end up packing it all into my already pretty full house :smile: Somewhere there is supposed to be some sort of display of Sultana items as well but that hasn't been located yet.

Anyway, thanks for any help on a value. She's a long time friend of the Mrs and and I want to make her a fair offer.

IMG_9130.jpeg

IMG_9132.jpeg

IMG_9134.jpeg

IMG_9136.jpeg

IMG_9138.jpeg

IMG_9139.jpeg

IMG_9140.jpeg

IMG_9142.jpeg

IMG_9143.jpeg

IMG_9144.jpeg

I decided to just start a new thread on this. I finally got a chance to get into the collection to get some photos. I saw some additional things I'm interested in. Basically, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with a value so I can make a fair offer. Some of the photos are not too great as a lot of the stuff is hard to access because of how full the building is, so I apologize for that.

Models of CSS Cairo and Sultana - I'm told the owner "had them made". Whether that means scratch built or from a kit I don't know, but they look from what I can see to be not of the highest quality work but still very presentable.

Shadowbox with two pieces of wood from USS Cairo

Shadowbox with a piece of wood from CSS Neuce

There are various framed pictures, some from publications like Harper's. I'm pretty confident on valuations on that sort of thing but I threw a couple of pictures of them in anyway.

This is a really incredible collection. Lots of other antiques besides Civil War related, including a whole room of Remington, lots of wild west stuff. Pretty cool. I had to focus or I was going to end up packing it all into my already pretty full house :smile: Somewhere there is supposed to be some sort of display of Sultana items as well but that hasn't been located yet.

Anyway, thanks for any help on a value. She's a long time friend of the Mrs and and I want to make her a fair offer.

View attachment 345411

View attachment 345412

View attachment 345413

View attachment 345414

View attachment 345415

View attachment 345416

View attachment 345417

View attachment 345418

View attachment 345419

View attachment 345420
Those look to be scratch built, at least the Sultana, hard to tell with the Cairo, but several companies made that kit, Blue Jacket & Flagship Models are a couple.

Excellent Photos! Welcome from the Shiloh/Pittsburg Landing Forum and North Mississippi! If you ever get the chance to visit Vicksburg go by and see the USS Cairo and the musuem.
Regards
David
PS Don't apologize for the photo quality will balancing on a step-stool! I would have been doing good just standing and not falling off the silly thing

Some nice items but it is very hard to determine value based on photos especially the models. I have USS Cairo items and I can tell you wood is worth around $250 and with the Neuce being a CS boat I would go $300 on it.

Back