Grant US Grant: a really nasty, petty, jealous back stabber

What input? You can make Rosecrans look bad at Iuka if you count Ord's command under Grant as present for example.
You can also make Rosecrans look good if you count Maury's division as part of the Confederate force for example. There is also a range of casualty figures thrown around for the battle.

I don't know if I would say "Petty, Jealous or backstabber" He was most definitely retaliatory and unforgiving of slights. Not to mention an opportunist. He would position himself to be in the spotlight.

Brooks Simpson can not be called a detractor of U.S. Grant. One of his biography's relatively few criticisms was that "Grant could be petty, vindictive, stubborn, overly sensitive, and partial to favorites." And his summary basically had one sentence of criticism: "He made mistakes, some of them serious; he sometimes misjudged fellow generals and opponents; his orders were not always the purported models of clarity his admirers described; he could be partial to friends and unfair to foes, especially those wearing the same uniform."

I would certainly agree that Grant could be petty and play favorites. Rosecrans and Thomas suffered for it.

And to whomever questioned my identity, I have never, as far as I can recall, posted under an assumed name.

991t.jpg

US Grant: a really nasty, petty, jealous back stabber: Look at that face... No way...

This is an engraving of Grant, I do not think its a good job of one of hum but I never seen Grant with a long full bread...
It's actually not Grant.

Attachments

• 991t.jpg
    991t.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 42
Back