US Army has NO Plans To Rename Bases

Don't you just love it when a younger generation waves and pokes a finger at the older generation and says "You're just old fashioned and aren't smart like us enlightened ones"? These bases were named along time ago by committees made up of some fairly smart Americans. To rename them now would be "poking at fun"the namers not the names.

I was in the Navy for 5 years and never had a problem with the other branches.
And you certainly have a valid point, I don't believe that the Marine Corps really got traction and a purpose until the Banana Wars; during the Civil War, I don't believe that anyone was really sure what they should be used for.

The United States Marine Corps does not name their camps (bases) after enemies of the United States Constitution, especially Rebels! We name camps after defenders of the United States Constitution! Plus, the United States Marine Corps is not into glorifying losers.

Semper Fi,
Bill

View attachment 349239

* Just poking the bear.......

Bill, Not all Marines share your view.

What action [if any] did you take against the prominent display of Confederate flags in the Vietnam War [conflict]

Don't you just love it when a younger generation waves and pokes a finger at the older generation and says "You're just old fashioned and aren't smart like us enlightened ones"? These bases were named along time ago by committees made up of some fairly smart Americans. To rename them now would be "poking at fun"the namers not the names.

Lemmings

Coming on the heels of the disastrous decision made by the commandant of the USMC, The US Army announced that it will NOT be renaming 10 US Army bases that were named after Confederate Officers. :dance: :thumbsup:

Do you surrender all your constitutional rights when you join the armed services? What if they next ban you if you support a particular party or presidential candidate?

Last edited:
Times change. Each generation makes it own choices, and they have no obligation to keep doing things the same as the previous generations.
That's not the point Polloco was trying to make, IMHO. Correct that each generation can make its own choices - but it's not wise to be too condescending to previous generations. Their times/values WERE different.

That's not the point Polloco was trying to make, IMHO. Correct that each generation can make its own choices - but it's not wise to be too condescending to previous generations. Their times/values WERE different.
Thanks, but I wasn't replying to anyone in particular. Just making a general point.

As a retired Army officer I find it ludicrous that we have bases and streets on bases that are named after people that took up arms against the United States of America.
Well, there's not anything you can do about it.

So there's no reason for you to get upset and possibly have a heart attack.

I've offered the exact same advice to those upset about the removal or relocation of Confederate monuments.

Coming on the heels of the disastrous decision made by the commandant of the USMC, The US Army announced that it will NOT be renaming 10 US Army bases that were named after Confederate Officers. :dance: :thumbsup:

I agree with the Army but how does this topic not violate CWT rules? I’m sincerely asking.

Back