HF Upcoming Book Preview to help break the Covid-19 Blues

Historical-Fiction

Harms88

Sergeant
In the next few days, I will be uploading a free preview of the historical fiction book I'm working on.

The current working title is European Unionists #1: A Leap in the Dark.

The book is about two sets of siblings who arrive in Maine in 1845 from Europe. The first set is 3 year-year old twins who are adopted by a couple after their own parents die in the voyage from Ireland. The second set is an 8 year old girl and her 13 year old brother, whose aristocrat 5 member family is forces to flee Prague after their grandfather's household is assassinated by the Austrian Emperor on suspicion of revolutionary sympathies.

It follows these four over a 14 year period. The goal is to one day turn this into a 7 book series, with each book after set in each succeeding year from 1860-1865. A big goal but one that I don't feel is completely unreasonable.

What I will be uploading is the first 10 chapters, which is the first part of three, each part focusing on a certain year within the 14 year period. I am just waiting on a cover that I can use and to finish editing the second draft of these chapters. So in 1 week, you'll all have a chance to read the chapters, comment and make suggestions on how you feel the story could be improved.

In the next few days, I will be uploading a free preview of the historical fiction book I'm working on.

The current working title is European Unionists #1: A Leap in the Dark.

The book is about two sets of siblings who arrive in Maine in 1845 from Europe. The first set is 3 year-year old twins who are adopted by a couple after their own parents die in the voyage from Ireland. The second set is an 8 year old girl and her 13 year old brother, whose aristocrat 5 member family is forces to flee Prague after their grandfather's household is assassinated by the Austrian Emperor on suspicion of revolutionary sympathies.

It follows these four over a 14 year period. The goal is to one day turn this into a 7 book series, with each book after set in each succeeding year from 1860-1865. A big goal but one that I don't feel is completely unreasonable.

What I will be uploading is the first 10 chapters, which is the first part of three, each part focusing on a certain year within the 14 year period. I am just waiting on a cover that I can use and to finish editing the second draft of these chapters. So in 1 week, you'll all have a chance to read the chapters, comment and make suggestions on how you feel the story could be improved.
Sounds great, though I'm a little lost on the timeline in terms of chapters ... are there 30 chapters in the first book and you are presenting us with the first ten? And what time period do they cover? And will we meet both sets of siblings in these first 10 chapters?

It sounds like a monumental task, but also very inspiring, and I'll look forward to seeing what you have written :smile:

As we have previously bonded over the Hunger Games, it may be one more thing to bond over in the current climate.

Sounds great, though I'm a little lost on the timeline in terms of chapters ... are there 30 chapters in the first book and you are presenting us with the first ten? And what time period do they cover? And will we meet both sets of siblings in these first 10 chapters?

It sounds like a monumental task, but also very inspiring, and I'll look forward to seeing what you have written :smile:

As we have previously bonded over the Hunger Games, it may be one more thing to bond over in the current climate.

So the first ten chapters (Part 1) take place in the years 1845 and 1849. 4 chapters for '45 and 6 in '49. The next 10 (Part 2) are set in '54 and the last 10 are in '58 (Part 3).

Or at least will once I get parts 2 and 3 written (I've only done part 1, which I'm currently in chapter 4 with editing).

The idea is that there is a 5 year gap between each part (except for part 1 which covers 4 years off the bat).

And we do meet both sets of siblings in the first part, each chapter dealing with a specific person. So 5 chapters deal with the twins and the other 5 dealing with the Hungarians, alternating between family each chapter. And each part will have the same amount of chapters and do the same thing chapter wise (equaling 30 chapters total).

Once you read it, you'll immediately get what I'm going for.

Last edited:
Back