United Confederate Veterans UCV Catesby ap R Jones Camp Ribbon

UCVRelics

Brevet Brigadier General
Forum Host
Gold Patron
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Regtl. Quartermaster Stones River / Franklin 2022
Y'all know I LOVE my UCV items and today I added a Rare one to my collection. A UCV Members ribbon from the Catesby ap R Jones camp in Selma, Al. Camp ribbons are very rare due there only being a small number made. The National & State ribbons were made by the 1000's. This camp had less than 75 members so there were probable only 100 of these made. The only thing missing is the name plate that went on the top. The Camp is named after a pretty famous man who had ties to the Selma Naval Works.

DSCN1790.JPG
DSCN1791.JPG
DSCN1792.JPG
DSCN1793.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah...nice. Didja do a little horse trading? I love looking at collages of UCV and UDC ribbons and medals in museums.

Yeah...nice. Didja do a little horse trading? I love looking at collages of UCV and UDC ribbons and medals in museums.
I guess you could say that. I love the UCV Camp membership ribbons as there were not that many made. Some of the later one were two sided. The black side was worn when at funerals.
1561562348529.png
DSCN9144.JPG
DSCN9147.JPG
DSCN9148-001.JPG
DSCN9153-001.JPG

Nice Ribbon and thanks for sharing. A lot of pig iron was put to good use while he ran the Ordnance production in selma. His namesake still active in selma banking circles today.

Nice Ribbon and thanks for sharing. A lot of pig iron was put to good use while he ran the Ordnance production in selma. His namesake still active in selma banking circles today.
His Great Great grandson still attends the SCV meetings at the Selma camp.

Back