United Confederate Veterans 30th Reunion in Houston, TX

I have come in to possession of a United Confederate Veterans 30th Reunion pin and I'm interested in finding out more information about it. Thanks!
photo_2021-03-10_22-13-45.jpg

Welcome from THE Heart Of Dixie. Nice medal.The United Confederate Veterans was formed in 1889 and was a consolidation of all the Southern States veterans association. Each year a national reunion was held and a CS General was honored. Houston was the site of the 30th reunion. Here is a link with the history of the UCV.

https://ucvrelics.com/history-of-the-ucv

Welcome from THE Heart Of Dixie. Nice medal.The United Confederate Veterans was formed in 1889 and was a consolidation of all the Southern States veterans association. Each year a national reunion was held and a CS General was honored. Houston was the site of the 30th reunion. Here is a link with the history of the UCV.

https://ucvrelics.com/history-of-the-ucv
Thank you for providing that link. It was very informative. Would you possibly know the value of it? I have a buyer that wants to make a deal at $30 but I want to make sure I have an accurate understanding of the value. Thanks in advance!

I have come in to possession of a United Confederate Veterans 30th Reunion pin and I'm interested in finding out more information about it. Thanks! View attachment 393884
It appears A. S. Johnston (1861) is the General that had been assigned early on to Indian Springs, Texas, where he lost a duel with another officer in charge. This happened in the early years of his career. So if each year has a different General imprinted, which year this is of may determine it's value.
Lubliner.

It appears A. S. Johnston (1861) is the General that had been assigned early on to Indian Springs, Texas, where he lost a duel with another officer in charge. This happened in the early years of his career. So if each year has a different General imprinted, which year this is of may determine it's value.
Lubliner.
The year on the pin is 1920.

30th year, I would bet the first four to be worth more. But I don't gamble.
Lubliner.
Glad you don't bet as you would lose, as the later year UCV medals and ribbons command higher prices for obvious reasons. As the years went on there were not as many CS vets and they did not make as many. Supply & Demand.

Back