Under the Crescent Moon with the XI Corps in the Civil War. Volume 1: From the Defenses of...

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW:REGISTER HERE!

Belfoured

Private
Thanks for the insight that histiorians use quotes from participants. They also assess the credibility of those statements and are aware of the participant's leanings. Dodge was hardly an objective observer and he used statements from two officers who had reason to deflect responsibility for what happened on May 2 . I'd like to see a list of the units that Howard and Devens placed in position to receive an attack from the west/their right flank - complete with sources.

Belfoured

Private
Right you are - Pula sets out the text of the May 2 9:30 AM directive to Howard. Pula points the finger in Howard's direction. You denigrate Pula's work. The dots are directly connected.

Saint Jude

First Sergeant
Pula sets out the text of the May 2 9:30 AM directive to Howard. Pula points the finger in Howard's direction. You denigrate Pula's work.
Every historian of the Battle of Chancellorsville includes a discussion of Hooker's order. Let's just say that in analyzing Pula's work, I found it extremely biased and not up to the standard expected of professionally trained historians, of which I am one. 'Nuff said. Over and out.