Ammo Two bullets shot together

Gettysburg Museum has "fused" bullets on display. Fascinating sight. One would think it impossible until you realize just how close together the ranks were and how close together both lines generally were.

Heres a couple more....

The first one here was recovered around in the Fredericksburg or Culpeper area of Va. I got to examine this one while working on a film documentary. Difficult to tell in these quick photos I took of it, but appears to be a Sharps Carbine Bullet on one side, and the other is a Confederate made Richmond Labs/Arsenal Sharps Carbine bullet...
P1030085b.jpg

P1030086b.jpg

Heres another fuzed dual that came out of the Spotsylvania Va area...
2bulletsb.jpg

Heres a couple more....

The first one here was recovered around in the Fredericksburg or Culpeper area of Va. I got to examine this one while working on a film documentary. Difficult to tell in these quick photos I took of it, but appears to be a Sharps Carbine Bullet on one side, and the other is a Confederate made Richmond Labs/Arsenal Sharps Carbine bullet...
View attachment 40933
View attachment 40934

Heres another fuzed dual that came out of the Spotsylvania Va area...
View attachment 40935
Too bad the entire war wasn't fought on that basis. He whose bullet mushroomed the most, won!

excellente. thanks for posting..shows you just how thick the air was at times. In archery the term 'robin hood' refers to when an arrow is shot straight up the azz'le (sound that one out) of an arrow already in the target...I imagine a lead conical bullet is even harder to replicate this with...yet it happened, often. When @Chattahooch33 and I finish our time machine, we will report back with exactly how thick the air was with the aforementioned lead. We will also charge for subsequent trips (and deservedly so) for anyone else who would like to go along when we finish our initial round of time travel.

They are known to be modern, shot together on purpose. One of my snowbird friends bought one at a flee market, and then found the same dealer, had a different one two more years running ????

excellente. thanks for posting..shows you just how thick the air was at times. In archery the term 'robin hood' refers to when an arrow is shot straight up the azz'le (sound that one out) of an arrow already in the target...I imagine a lead conical bullet is even harder to replicate this with...yet it happened, often. When @Chattahooch33 and I finish our time machine, we will report back with exactly how thick the air was with the aforementioned lead. We will also charge for subsequent trips (and deservedly so) for anyone else who would like to go along when we finish our initial round of time travel.
I suppose that you'll be impervious to all that lead that doesn't collide with one another? if we don't hear from you shall we assume the worst?

They are known to be modern, shot together on purpose. One of my snowbird friends bought one at a flee market, and then found the same dealer, had a different one two more years running ????

How is it known ? Just curious how that would be accomplished.

Thinking about it a bit I see some technical difficulty in shooting two slugs together and in a way that they could be recovered. The axes of the muzzles of both guns would have to be perfectly aligned, triggers would have to be pulled at exactly the same time, etc. Seems a bit tricky to me.

They don't have to be both fired one can be suspended and the other fired at it, you might not get one every time you shoot but often enough

that at $50 or more a sale it could be good wages if you are that kind.
I would bet that for every one of those perfectly centered expansion that we see there are many that met and glanced.

View attachment 31432

Just thought I would show these, I found them while hunting close to Kennesaw Mountain on private property about 30 years ago. I soon realized a tree had fallen and rotted away since they were in a straight line about 12 inches wide and about 20 feet long, I didn't know until I got home that two of them were shot together.

View attachment 31433

View attachment 31434

View attachment 31435

View attachment 31436

View attachment 31437
That's a neat find. Thanks for sharing.

Back