1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

Troy Harman Lecture Tomorrow: Captain Samuel Johnston’s Reconnaissance

Discussion in 'Battle of Gettysburg' started by Willoughby Run, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Willoughby Run

Willoughby Run Private

Here’s a heads up for those that might be interested. NPS Ranger Troy Harman will be giving a lecture on Captain Samuel Johnston’s early morning July 2, 1863 reconnaissance. If you are nearby it will be at the Gettysburg NMP Visitor Center at 1:30 PM EST tomorrow, January 13. The doors open at 1 PM. It’s likely that all seats will be taken by the time the lecture starts.

For those not nearby, the Park will be livestreaming the lecture on their Facebook page.

I have been on two of Troy’s battle walks on this subject and they were fabulous. When Captain Johnston returned from his reconnaissance, General Lee asked him, “Did you get there?” Come and find out Troy’s opinion on whether Captain Johnson “got there.”

Charlie

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. Northern Light

Northern Light Major

Thanks for the head's up! I look forward to these lectures every year.

4. Wallyfish

Wallyfish First Sergeant Trivia Game Winner

Certainly one of Gettysburg's many great mysteries. With this weather, I am grateful for live streaming. I wonder if he will bring up Henry Wentz? Thanks for posting this.

5. rpkennedy

rpkennedy Major

I'll be working until this afternoon but I'd be curious what conclusions Troy Harman has about Capt. Johnston.

Ryan

Wallyfish likes this.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)