Trivia Game Scores for April - Final

hoosier

1st Lieutenant
triviagif_zps8cee46d4.gif

We have two co-winners for April, Copperhead-mi and Reb, both of whom answered all questions correctly for 230 points. Seven players missed only one question each during the month.

In order for trivia to continue to run smoothly we need trivia players to submit questions with answer. Send @ami a conversation with "triva question" in the title. Please add questions to that conversation instead of sending a new conversation with each additional question.

Here are the scores for everyone who played during April.

Copperhead-mi 230
Reb 230
7th Texas Mounted Rifles 220
Brenal 220
ErnieMac 220
Faraway Friend 220
lelliott19 220
rhettbutler1865 220
sarladaise 220
1st MN 200
57th Indiana Infantry 200
BlueGrayBlood 200
GELongstreet 200
kholland 200
MajGenl.Meade 200
CheathamHill 190
Stony 190
Chattahooch33 180
MRB1863 180
Northern Light 180
chellers 170
adisciu9 160
NFB22 160
JOHN42768 150
Littlefield 140
CjkCjkCjk 130
CadmusWilcox 110
TinCan 110
jackt62 100
BrrrBRRRR 90
nextcity 50
bixby272 40
donna 40
gentlemanrob 30
CptBeefheart 20
DickWilliams 20
James N. 20
PeterT 20
ShenValleyGray 20
Wallyfish 20
War Horse 20
Andersonh1 10
AndyHall 10
David Mays 10
Discipulus 10
EJ Zander 10
JPK Huson 1863 10
Kiryan 10
Michael W. 10
pfcjking 10
photoman475 10
RebelHeart 10
RebYell64 10
Seduzal 10
theoldman 10
Virginian Sharpshooter 10
zambania 10
Bruce Vail 0
Hunter 0
Joshism 0
Mark F. Jenkins 0
nc native 0
Savannah1869 0
Tomasz 0

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to the co-winners.

side question, is there an easy way to see which questions we got correct or wrong? I had strong justifications for some answers that may have been counted wrong..but I never see how or if they are marked

Congrats to the co-winners.

side question, is there an easy way to see which questions we got correct or wrong? I had strong justifications for some answers that may have been counted wrong..but I never see how or if they are marked
All the answers are made public the day the thread is locked. Hoosier strikes out incorrect answers. You will have to look through each thread.

What ami said. Usually the day after she posts the "answer", Hoosier goes through that question thread and makes a note on her answer-post (answer post?). Then you just look through all the answers and see which ones got the dreaded strikethrough. Sometimes it's two days after. Hoosier usually gives a comment for each wrong answer to explain what was missing.

He always explains if question interpretations can vary and I agree that it makes it difficult to adjudicate at times. I enjoy his responses and marking very much - it's as enjoyable as the Trivia itself.

Being an English person (with CDO - correct order of letters), I am sometimes bemused that a simple question such as (ooooh... for example...) "What were the two names of Robert E Lee's horse before Traveler...." can possibly be interpreted to refer to "horses" plural. If it was about previously owned horses, the question would read "What were the names of Robert E Lee's two horses before Traveler". :rolleyes:

But I have to forgive you all - because you are, let's face it, either native-born Americans, Europeans or Australians and English is your second language :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

(Let the lynching begin) :smile:

Congrats to the winners and everyone who worked at answering questions while I was watching birds down in California.

I'll try to whip up some questions as soon as possible!

@CheathamHill, I just click "Trivia" in the blue bar at the top of the page and look for the answers, which appear 2 days after the original question is posted (well, 2 working days which means that answers to Friday questions post the following Tuesday. If there is a possible controversy, (as with Tuesday's question) I wait another day to see what @hoosier has decided. @hoosier is really good about allowing for possible alternative answers if documented, but to (hopefully) make his life easier, I always give the source for mine. More details here: http://civilwartalk.com/threads/question-deicrepency-issues.116777/

Back