Trivia GAme #28 - Week 5

hoosier

1st Lieutenant
Responses to the questions for Week 4 seem to be coming in rather slowly. Maybe everybody's been stuck in snowdrifts and having a hard time getting out to the library.

I'm anticipating that I'll be away from my computer at 6 PM tonight, so I'll post the questions for Week 5 a little early.

You may still post responses to the Week 4 questions until 6 PM tonight, and I'll score those responses after I get back. Please be sure to post Week 4 responses in the Week 4 thread.

Here are the questions for Week 5.

21. According to the Confederate Constitution, how many terms may the president serve?

22. Who was the only Jewish member of the Confederate Cabinet?

23. What Northern prison official treated his prisoners so well that they commissioned a statue of him after the war?

24. Annie Ethridge Hooks of the 2nd Michigan Infantry (and later the 3rd and 5th Michigan Infantry) was known for her bravery, tending to the wounded under fire. Did Annie carry a weapon and, if so, specifically what kind of weapon?

25. (Two point question) The first official Confederate flag ever made was draped over the casket of a CSA officer at his funeral. Whose casket was it?

New players are welcome to join the game at any time.

For those of you who've been playing right along, the following instructions are probably very familiar by now, but if we have any newbies, please submit your answers to all five questions in a single post. Your answers are due by 6 PM next Saturday, February 5.

Good luck!

(Message edited by hoosier on January 29, 2005)

21) One 6 year term.
22) Judah Philip Benjamin (held 3 posts)
23) Col. Richard Dale owen (Camp Morton, Indiana)
24) She had 2 Colt Navy revolvers (.36 calibre)
25) Thomas J. Jackson

1. only once a six year term

2. Judah Benjamin

3. Col. Richard D. Owen

4.rumored to be 2 colt Navy Revolvers

5. Thomas Stonewall Jackson

21. The President could serve for one six-year term.

22. Judah Benjamin

23. <strike>Colonel Justin Dimick</strike>

24. Yes… two Navy Colt revolvers.

25. General Stonewall Jackson.

(Message edited by hoosier on February 05, 2005)

21. One 6-year term
22. Judah P. Benjamin (Appointed Attorney Gen. in 1861 ... later Sec. of War and Sec. Of State)
23. <strike>??</strike>
24. Two Navy Colt Revolvers
25. <strike>??</strike>

21. One term of six years.(Shall not be reeligible).

22. Judah Philip Benjamin

23. Richard D. Owen

24. Yes, two Colt Navy revolvers.

25. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

21. One

22. Judah P. Benjamin

23. Colonel Richard Owen

24. Two Navy Colts

25. Stonewall Jackson's casket was draped with the very first 2nd National Flag (the "Stainless Banner"). I assume this is what is meant, since the "first official Confederate flag" was the Stars &amp; Bars and that was flying long before any Confederate officer died.

21. 1

22. Judah Benjamin

23. ---

24. 2 Navy Colt revolvers

25. Stonewall Jackson

Here are the correct answers for Week 5.

21. Under the Confederate Constitution, the president was allowed to serve one term of six years.

22. Judah P. Benjamin was the only Jewish member of the Confederate Cabinet.

23. Colonel Richard Owens treated his captured Confederates so well that they commissioned a statue of him after the war.

24. Annie Ethridge Hooks was said to have carried two Navy Colt revolvers.

25. Although the Bonnie Blue Flag, Stars and Bars, and Confederate Battle Flag were all well recognizable as flags of the Confederacy, the Confederate Congress never got around to approving an official flag of the CSA until May 1, 1863, at which time they approved the "Stainless Banner." The Battle of Chancellorsville took place only days later. The first such flag was draped over the casket of the well-known Confederate officer who died as a consequence of that battle - Stonewall Jackson.

Glad to have Felinelady back with us after a couple of weeks' absence.

For those who may have football on the brain, the Two-Minute Drill award this week goes to Sockknitter, who got her response in at 5:58 PM, two minutes before the deadline.

Here are the scores after Week 5:

Cindyscoops 30
Raggedrebel 30
Bill_torrens 23
Sockknitter 23
Caller 21
Texaswildcat 20
Dawna 14
Felinelady 12
Rivrrat 9
1st_Maine_trooper 5
Traveller 5