Travel Report from my Tennessee trip

gentlemanrob

Major
We left on Thursday morning stopping first in Dandridge Tennessee so I could photograph the grave of Brig. General Joel Dewey his grave is well preserved we then drove into Nashville where we decided to visit pantheon. Honestly I can say I was very surprised at all of the art. next we had lunch at Hatti B's that hot chicken is well worth it especially if you like hot food which I do. Next we visited a couple of the murals painted on the buildings walls in Nashville a lot of them are very pretty. Next we visited Antique Archaeology because we enjoy watching it on tv. I visited the Jack Daniels gift shop and bought some of their hot BBQ Sauce. Next we went out to Mount Olivet Cemetery and I took pictures of a few of the graves I didn't have in my collection like the two Brevet Generals buried there and General Gillem's grave. Next day We woke up early as we were not use to the Central time zone as we live in the Eastern (I know only one hour). We drove down to Columbia Tennessee and visited the home of President James K. Polk it's well worth visiting I enjoyed it as I have many other Presidential houses. Next we drove up to the road to the National SCV Headquarters very nicely laid out was sad the museum was closed. Then we drove up to Franklin Tennessee and visited the Lotz house Thomas Cartwright is one of the best tour guides I had ever met. well worth the tour. Then we drove down to Murfreesboro where I got a picture of General Palmer's house. The house is currently for sale and looks well preserved. It was a short trip but I enjoyed every minute. I am going to try to go on another trip around my birthday but I would highly recommend the Nashville Area if you want to see some good civil war sites and have some good tour guides.

IMG_3741.JPG

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3805.JPG

IMG_3809.JPG

IMG_3808.JPG

IMG_3852.JPG

IMG_3853.JPG

IMG_3856.JPG

IMG_3857.JPG

IMG_3858.JPG

IMG_3859.JPG

IMG_3860.JPG

IMG_3861.JPG

IMG_3862.JPG

IMG_3863.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

IMG_3866.JPG

IMG_3867.JPG

IMG_3890.JPG

IMG_3892.JPG

We left on Thursday morning stopping first in Dandridge Tennessee so I could photograph the grave of Brig. General Joel Dewey his grave is well preserved we then drove into Nashville where we decided to visit pantheon. Honestly I can say I was very surprised at all of the art. next we had lunch at Hatti B's that hot chicken is well worth it especially if you like hot food which I do. Next we visited a couple of the murals painted on the buildings walls in Nashville a lot of them are very pretty. Next we visited Antique Archaeology because we enjoy watching it on tv. I visited the Jack Daniels gift shop and bought some of their hot BBQ Sauce. Next we went out to Mount Olivet Cemetery and I took pictures of a few of the graves I didn't have in my collection like the two Brevet Generals buried there and General Gillem's grave. Next day We woke up early as we were not use to the Central time zone as we live in the Eastern (I know only one hour). We drove down to Columbia Tennessee and visited the home of President James K. Polk it's well worth visiting I enjoyed it as I have many other Presidential houses. Next we drove up to the road to the National SCV Headquarters very nicely laid out was sad the museum was closed. Then we drove up to Franklin Tennessee and visited the Lotz house Thomas Cartwright is one of the best tour guides I had ever met. well worth the tour. Then we drove down to Murfreesboro where I got a picture of General Palmer's house. The house is currently for sale and looks well preserved. It was a short trip but I enjoyed every minute. I am going to try to go on another trip around my birthday but I would highly recommend the Nashville Area if you want to see some good civil war sites and have some good tour guides.
There me off for a second, when I think of Antique Archoelogy I think of the original at Le Claire.

Were any of the cast there?

Then we drove up to Franklin Tennessee and visited the Lotz house Thomas Cartwright is one of the best tour guides I had ever met. well worth the tour.
I went on a group tour of Columbia/Spring Hill/Franklin/Nashville in June 2017. We had the pleasure of Thomas Cartwright as our guide at the Lotz House and McGavock Confederate Cemetery. He was also one of our guides at Shy's Hill, Fort Negley and the Texas Lunette in Nashville.

View attachment 362429
That statue/monument was not there when I visited SCV HQ in June 2017. Wonder where it came from?

Back