Transcription of a Civil War resignation letter

Sscul2

Private
Hello! I need help transcribing a civil war resignation letter. Any and all help is appreciated. I have uploaded a copy of the letter. It is difficult to read.
Daniel's Resignation Letter.png

It's obvious from reading old documents that having lovely penmanship was not the norm! When did that come in to fashion? I know some of my family had perfect penmanship. Others... not so much.
Decades ago, I help transcribe the court records of "Plimouth" Massachusetts from early 1700s through the early 1800s. Back when the Brits were ruling, the penmanship was wonderful, consistent, clear. Once the Revolutionary government took control, what terrible penmanship, with ink blots and smudges!

Vote Here:
Decades ago, I help transcribe the court records of "Plimouth" Massachusetts from early 1700s through the early 1800s. Back when the Brits were ruling, the penmanship was wonderful, consistent, clear. Once the Revolutionary government took control, what terrible penmanship, with ink blots and smudges!
Those ”uneducated Revolutionaries”! Just speaks to the educational divide, dont ya think?

Vote Here:
Those ”uneducated Revolutionaries”! Just speaks to the educational divide, dont ya think?

This is what you get when you choose leaders or workers based on political beliefs instead of how well they can do the work.
I do suspect that this scribe's work was a good job, paying good money, and so a prized plum to be given to a faithful worker of the proper political party

Vote Here:
Back