Restricted Transcontinental Railroad: The Primary Reason for the Election of Jefferson Davis to be President of the CSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Lutzweiler

Sergeant Major
There are a couple of errors of fact above, but let's ignore them.

Your logic goes like this:
  1. Jefferson Davis liked/supported railroads
  2. Clayton M. Moore liked/supported railroads
  3. therefore, Moore supported Davis for President of the Confederacy because of the Transcontinental Railroad
This is a pure and simple logical fallacy. Points #1 and 2 have no observable relationship to your conclusion. You can just as easily say this:
  1. Jefferson Davis liked/supported education (see reforms at West Point during his term as Secretary of War)
  2. Clayton M. Moore liked/supported education (he was first president of the Board of Trustees of the University of Mississippi and served on the board from 1857 to 1870.)
  3. therefore, Moore supported Davis for President of the Confederacy because of their shared interest in education
Neither one of those proves the conclusion because there is no evidence to support the conclusion, merely empty supposition. This is how you always present your case for the Transcontinental RR and secession. All you present is unsupported supposition and conjecture.

If I am not mistaken, Clayton Moore was the Lone Ranger. But feel free to point out my errors.

Once again, do you have in your vocabulary any words other than "Nothing proves your conclusion" and "No evidence supports your conclusion" and "your view is mere supposition" and "all you write about is unsupported supposition and conjecture"? No countervailing evidence to support your analysis? Or do you not need evidence?

I don't buy your imputation of a "logical fallacy" but I did enjoy your syllogism anyway and I can appreciate your need to discredit my view, though it is actually quite harmless and very sensible.

James

James Lutzweiler

Sergeant Major
This is an attempt to go off on a tangent and refuse to answer the question. Absolutely nothing you have presented shows that Clayton supported Jefferson Davis for President because of the Transcontinental RR.

So, once again: is there a point where Clayton says "We must elect Jefferson Davis President of the Confederacy because he wants a Transcontinental Railroad"????? Or is this yet another post that says nothing about the topic of the OP?

Others can decide by voting, if you are correct.

James Lutzweiler

Sergeant Major
Even the screaming an opinion is still just that, just an opinion. Noise level does not increase their significance. They only annoy potential listeners

It just depends which "overwhelming facts" are presented and in what context they are given if they are supportive of that opinion.

Some of us here can't hear anything for all the noise except, "this is my opinion."

Where are your counter facts? Where are the letters, speeches, pamphlets in which we find these 37 openly declaring their rationale? Do you have any like those you like to demand of me? I am all ears, whether you scream them or whisper.

Status
Not open for further replies.