Toy soldiers put to good use

And whenever I buy a new China-made 54mm, they hold a big reception for him.

Welcome0.JPG

OK, that's it. There are quite a few more of us hanging around than is evident from the post counts.
So, I will humbly re-share what I've been up to:

and send up a flag - whether your 'game' is (or even ever was) miniatures, hex-and-counter, or computer... I want to know. Always looking for ideas and opinions on how to study "what-ifs" through as thorough as possible an understanding of 'what-was'.

Very cool, Pat. Thanks for re-sharing. Your brigade counters would also work very well with the Gamers' ITQF.

You collect WWII artifacts as well? I've got a few things from that war as well! 80% of it is German though.
I have a small collection. That M-1 Carbine wasnt mine. I stopped collecting German stuff as there is so many fakes out there.
The only German items I keep are mostly souvenirs my Father brought home.
CAF18E18-3F07-499A-A1F5-2D5F7A8861F7.jpeg

I have a Walther P38, but it's not mine yet.
I bought a P-38 in the 1960's but eventually sold it.

My Dad also brought back a Police steel helmet. It saw a lot of action but mostly from us playing "army" with it. Police helmets were the only other branch that displayed the swastika and shield like the SS.
He also "liberated" a German Zeiss Ikon bellows camera. My brother restored it to be fully functional. This photo was in the last roll.

Stevie.jpg
German1.jpg

That is mini-Me playing army with Dad's medals and, of course, toy rifle.
Dad's caption to the German photo reads: "Keep this, I will tell you about this Jerry some day. He can't talk now."

But we are digressing from the original topic.

Back