Took a few more pictures, in prep to peserve the H&P musket..

115grfmj

Private
Took a few more pictures after disassembly, in prep. to preserve my family H&P smoothbore conversion musket.
Found a few more markings under the barrel....think they are called reassembly numbers stamped by H&P.
They also seem to match. There is a "3" stamped under the barrel, and on the conversion breech. Even found a "3" on
the front barrel band. There is also a "J" clearly stamped on the underside of the barrel just in front of the conversion breech.
Also found a "5" stamped in the wood stock just under the barrel. on the underside of the trigger plate I found a "JS" stamped on the metal Not 100% sure what these markings mean, anybody have any ideas?

Also I posted in the last thread that I was curious if the musket had been cleaned in the past because
of the excellent condition of the barrel underneath. Now I'm not so sure. All of the stampings are pristine with sharp edges, doesn't look like the metal was touched after it left the factor, and the only parts with corrosion are the ones above the wood.

DSCN9332.JPG

DSCN9333.JPG

DSCN9334.JPG

DSCN9335.JPG

DSCN9338.JPG

DSCN9339.JPG

tac

Cadet
As a latecomer to this parade, can I ask you for the back story references, please?