Today’s Hunt

Woods-walker

First Sergeant
Forum Host
Since I ve gotten older I ve limited my relic hunting season from the end of deer hunting season to the beginning of spring gobbler season ( early January- mid April). So far this year, it’s been lousy weather here in eastern Virginia with near contentious rain and ice covered the ground for about 9 days. However in recent days the weather became normal and so I kicked of my 2021 season today, very much later than normal. Here’s my first days tally.
Looks like more rain later in the week, so my entire relic hunting season is in jeopardy.

41960FBA-AC7F-4378-BBF0-55DA278F6644.jpeg

Thanks Tom. It was finally a great day for a hunt about 45 degrees and overcast. We ve only had about 10 good days to hunt but we had an ice storm about three weeks ago and I fell twice bruiseing my ribs and back. Just got back to 100% last weekend.
I have a diary of a soldier in the 4th Maryland artillery describeing his ‘62-63 winter camp. I know where they were but have spent 3 years trying to find it. He described it exactly but I can’t even find a piece of tin! I wanted to try at least once more this year..... also found a 62-63 and 63-64 Va cavalry camp late last year but could not get in before turkey season then had to wait for deer season to end this year. My finds today were near Spotsylvania Courthouse.

Thanks Tom. It was finally a great day for a hunt about 45 degrees and overcast. We ve only had about 10 good days to hunt but we had an ice storm about three weeks ago and I fell twice bruiseing my ribs and back. Just got back to 100% last weekend.
I have a diary of a soldier in the 4th Maryland artillery describeing his ‘62-63 winter camp. I know where they were but have spent 3 years trying to find it. He described it exactly but I can’t even find a piece of tin! I wanted to try at least once more this year..... also found a 62-63 and 63-64 Va cavalry camp late last year but could not get in before turkey season then had to wait for deer season to end this year. My finds today were near Spotsylvania Courthouse.
Your just down the road, I live off of 17 in Stafford. If you ever want some company or just BS let me know

Since I ve gotten older I ve limited my relic hunting season from the end of deer hunting season to the beginning of spring gobbler season ( early January- mid April). So far this year, it’s been lousy weather here in eastern Virginia with near contentious rain and ice covered the ground for about 9 days. However in recent days the weather became normal and so I kicked of my 2021 season today, very much later than normal. Here’s my first days tally.
Looks like more rain later in the week, so my entire relic hunting season is in jeopardy.

View attachment 394413
Take me with you! Please, please, please (hint of desperation in the tone of the words...haha).

Man, you are living my dream!

If you are in my area of Fredericksburg-Richmond you’re welcome to join me anytime. There are 9 days left before I quit for the year.
I live in Canad-istan, but I am willing to make the journey south some day once the border re-opens (post-COVID). Always love visiting Virginia...now I have one more reason! I can return the favour too...how would you like to dig for ancient Roman relics on my aunt's property in Italy? There's an ancient Roman town buried 6 feet below ground....the town was covered in mud when a dam (that stored water for an aqueduct) failed in about 500 AD. Google "Marruvium" if you are curious.

I live in Canad-istan, but I am willing to make the journey south some day once the border re-opens (post-COVID). Always love visiting Virginia...now I have one more reason! I can return the favour too...how would you like to dig for ancient Roman relics on my aunt's property in Italy? There's an ancient Roman town buried 6 feet below ground....the town was covered in mud when a dam (that stored water for an aqueduct) failed in about 500 AD. Google "Marruvium" if you are curious.
Just go to Mexico and enter there it’s much easier plus you get free healthcare and start drawing food stamps and unemployment compensation immediately. We’re a great county!
. I have a Canadian friend that cuts my hair and she has trouble getting back too. I gave her the same advice lol

Just go to Mexico and enter there it’s much easier plus you get free healthcare and start drawing food stamps and unemployment compensation immediately. We’re a great county!
. I have a Canadian friend that cuts my hair and she has trouble getting back too. I gave her the same advice lol
I see...just cross the Rio Grande and try to migrate in with everyone else. I wish you had known this earlier....might've been able to attend a few gun shows, if I had.

View attachment 394413
Nice finds
Yep the VA weather has not been friendly and Turkey season in NOVA is just about here.
Well done sir

Back