To Appomattox

Samuel.Sohm

First Sergeant
I have been looking at the cast for the upcoming "To Appomattox" and I have to say I am very satisfied with the cast. Damian Lewis (A personal favorite, AIRBORNE!)Bill Paxton, Stephen Lang (also a favorite on mine) are all just excellent on screen in general. But being put with all the other top notch actors I am seeing on this list, this is going to be a great series. What are your thoughts on it?

P.S. Mr. Beckner if you are reading this I am very pleased with everything I am seeing so far, and you can count on my viewing your series if great anticipation!

I have been looking at the cast for the upcoming "To Appomattox" and I have to say I am very satisfied with the cast. Damian Lewis (A personal favorite, AIRBORNE!)Bill Paxton, Stephen Lang (also a favorite on mine) are all just excellent on screen in general. But being put with all the other top notch actors I am seeing on this list, this is going to be a great series. What are your thoughts on it?

P.S. Mr. Beckner if you are reading this I am very pleased with everything I am seeing so far, and you can count on my viewing your series if great anticipation!
Is this an upcoming movie??

Being untethered from television, cable and satellite, I'm in the dark on this. Is it a cable or network series?
Do you know what roles these guys are cast for? That makes a huge difference. And Lang was incredible in both of Turner's civil war flicks.

is this TV mini-series actually going forward? Aside from announcements, I have seen little else. Anybody know the current status of this project?

All the info for To Appomattox is on the website - http://www.toappomattox.com. It has all the casting, etc.

They have a regularly updated facebook page here. They haven't started filming yet, but say a summer 2013 release is still planned.
Thank you but I have seen this site as recently as last week. The casting doesn't mention whether contracts have been signed nor what the shooting schedule is. A summer 2012 release of an 8 part series should have a firmer schedule.

A REQUEST FROM ACTOR PATRICK GORMAN - June 15, 2012 10:30 p.m. Eastcoast time ( Known for portraying General John Bell Hood in Gettysburg and Gods and Generals and slotted to portray General C. F. Smith in "To Appomattox.")

Here is how you and everyone you know can help get TO APPOMATTOX into production.

Really important, especially to all the re-enactors you know whether they can be in the film or not. [Information deleted per request--an oops occurred and apologies given] The scripts are great and the series will create more important awareness for our history and for Civil War re-enacting in particular. We all benefit.

PLEASE, here's what you have to do, TODAY, SATURDAY and SUNDAY, this week especially.

Explanation:
I got a phone call from one of the producers of TO APPOMATTOX today (June 15th) requesting that I get everyone I know to hit TO APPOMATTOX on the imdb.com site. [Information deleted per request--oops happened and apologies given]. So........ tell everyone, and I mean everyone to go on imdb.com.

Here's How:
Go on-line.
SEARCH: imdb.com
SEARCH: 'Patrick Gorman' and click.
My site pops up.
First entry is TO APPOMATTOX.
Click on that.
When TO APPOMATTOX pops up:
Click on 'full cast & crew' and scroll down to Patrick Gorman as General Smith and Click Again.
It takes you back to my site and REPEAT the process as many times as you can.One time is not enough right now.

The new ratings come out Monday [edited per request-oops happened and apologies given]

Hey, when production starts, there are going to be re-enactors involved, and when the series comes out everyone who hit the ol' IMDb can legitimately say, "I helped get it produced!!!" And they won't be exaggerating. We'll all have a hand in this.

I know this is an imposition but please help put the word out and do what hits you can.

Thank you, so much.
Up and at 'em.

Patrick O. Gorman

===============================

NOTE: Knowing how much Patrick Gorman is loved by the many re-enactors and history buffs, Mr. Gorman is also dedicated to helping preserve the battlefields as well. Civil War films are not very popular in 'the industry.' The powers to be, will be checking IMDb as to see how much interest is in this production "To Appomattox."

Mr. Gorman wants his part in this production--to help him, must help the ratings, in my opinion.

Mr. Gorman is also a military veteran--proud of the American Military. Making military films keeps the memory of veterans alive.

Please vote on Patrick Gorman who is easily found under Patrick O. Gorman at IMDb, under the production title "To Appomattox." He'll be portraying General C. F. Smith this time around. Stephen Lang can use a hit also however, he hasn't called me/E-mailed me --but, what they hey...:thumbsup:

My personal thanks to see my friends achieve success.

M. E. Wolf

NOTE: Edits have been made per requests, as some oops were made. The requests to visit "To Appomattox" and the cast members on IMBd are still very welcomed.

M. E. Wolf
June 16, 2012
10:40 p.m.

Bravo, Bravo well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:.

Its an upcoming TV mini-series and it looks as though it has great potential.

I have taken M. E. Wolf's message from the actor Mr. Gorman and have made my effort to see the series gets produced.

I suggest the forum membership do the same.

Sincerely,
Unionblue

Already done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jessgettysburg1863.

So, my question as to status of this mini-series is finally answered. The project awaits approval from investors.

A REQUEST FROM ACTOR PATRICK GORMAN - June 15, 2012 10:30 p.m. Eastcoast time ( Known for portraying General John Bell Hood in Gettysburg and Gods and Generals and slotted to portray General C. F. Smith in "To Appomattox.")

Here is how you and everyone you know can help get TO APPOMATTOX into production.

Really important, especially to all the re-enactors you know whether they can be in the film or not. [edited out per request, with apologies over some oops-] The scripts are great and the series will create more important awareness for our history and for Civil War re-enacting in particular. We all benefit.

PLEASE, here's what you have to do, TODAY, SATURDAY and SUNDAY, this week especially.

Explanation:
I got a phone call from one of the producers of TO APPOMATTOX today (June 15th) requesting that I get everyone I know to hit TO APPOMATTOX on the imdb.com site. [edited out, as an oops, with apologies]. So........ tell everyone, and I mean everyone to go on imdb.com.

Here's How:
Go on-line.
SEARCH: imdb.com
SEARCH: 'Patrick Gorman' and click.
My site pops up.
First entry is TO APPOMATTOX.
Click on that.
When TO APPOMATTOX pops up:
Click on 'full cast & crew' and scroll down to Patrick Gorman as General Smith and Click Again.
It takes you back to my site and REPEAT the process as many times as you can.One time is not enough right now.

The new ratings come out Monday [Edited due to an oops, with apologies along with the request]

Hey, when production starts, there are going to be re-enactors involved, and when the series comes out everyone who hit the ol' IMDb can legitimately say, "I helped get it produced!!!" And they won't be exaggerating. We'll all have a hand in this.

I know this is an imposition but please help put the word out and do what hits you can.

Thank you, so much.
Up and at 'em.

Patrick O. Gorman

===============================

NOTE: Knowing how much Patrick Gorman is loved by the many re-enactors and history buffs, Mr. Gorman is also dedicated to helping preserve the battlefields as well. Civil War films are not very popular in 'the industry.' [Edit per request] The powers to be will be checking IMDb as to see how much interest is in this production "To Appomattox."

Mr. Gorman wants his part in this production--to help him, must help the ratings, in my opinion.

Mr. Gorman is also a military veteran--proud of the American Military. Making military films keeps the memory of veterans alive.

Please vote on Patrick Gorman who is easily found under Patrick O. Gorman at IMDb, under the production title "To Appomattox." He'll be portraying General C. F. Smith this time around. Stephen Lang can use a hit also however, he hasn't called me/E-mailed me --but, what they hey...:thumbsup:

My personal thanks to see my friends achieve success.

M. E. Wolf
Done, and please PLEASE tell Mr. Gorman that if he needs someone to look over his military uniform BEFORE he wears it, I am always willing to. His ribbons and badges are out of alignment on his main picture. (Yeah thats right I am a uniform fanatic :tongue:)

Done, and please PLEASE tell Mr. Gorman that if he needs someone to look over his military uniform BEFORE he wears it, I am always willing to. His ribbons and badges are out of alignment on his main picture. (Yeah thats right I am a uniform fanatic :tongue:)

Mr. Gorman has since had a few 'uniform fanatics' let him know about the improper alignments on his main picture--too darn bad you guys weren't there when he needed you--and Hollywood.. :D

M. E. Wolf

Mr. Gorman has since had a few 'uniform fanatics' let him know about the improper alignments on his main picture--too darn bad you guys weren't there when he needed you--and Hollywood.. :D

M. E. Wolf
They can hire me anytime they want. My soldiers can be my references :smile: I was probably playing in the sand (deployed) when he took this photo. If he throws me a autograph I would even do it for free because I consider it a service to my country :thumbsup:

A personal note---

Folks, I don't get on a soap box or plead often but, one reason why I am pushing "To Appomattox" as this is something that is different.

Mr. Michael Beckner (Becks here on CWT) came here to research for "To Appomattox." I have had the honor of peeking into the script and find so much good in endorsing it.

Finally--the battle theaters outside the Eastern theater will be featured, generals like Buckner, Joe Johnston, A. Johnston, Gordon, McPherson, Rosecrans, C. F. Smith, to whom will be portrayed by our friend Patrick Gorman (Hood) and member of CWT also; and so many others that deserve historical appreciation.

Finally--there will be more inclusion of the Native American Indian. It won't be just Col. E. Parker, the penman to the Appomattox surrender but, Antione Scott a Medal of Honor bestowed on him, a Native American Indian with the Michigan Sharpshooters, composed of the: CHIPPEWA, OJIBWA, OTTAWA, POTAWATOMI INDIAN tribes, --finally, a real hero will be given just notice and bring Native American Indian history to proper notice--Long, long over due in my opinion. I believe Antione Scott's fellow MoH decorated companions will also be featured. Be prepared--as they will not be portrayed as the stereotype. These men were just as heroic as the "Code Talkers" in World War II.

Louisianans will be recognized, Texas will be recognized, so many will be 'finally' recognized and it won't be all "Lee" or "Grant." The joint 'team' effort of both armies will be featured --

I can't get much more into it but, these are points to which "I" think are important, as I've not seen Hollywood ever do before. Mr. Beckner is 'bucking' Hollywood norms and this is why he's not had smooth sailing to get this production to screen. He is staying true to his convictions and, it is my opinion, that he is on a personal mission to do justice to the forgotten participants in the Civil War.

Yes there will be other minorities in the production but not overpowering as to create an agenda. There will be few 'composite characters' however, the majority will be based on actual individuals like Antione Scott.

This production will not have the 'ranker' that has been a pebble in the shoe on previous productions and or discussions here. The pride he projects is on all those that fought and died, who were wounded and scared forever by the war and the families left to pick up the pieces. But, I think the most important ending in a summary to this production is, the plea for peace.

So, do extend Mr. Gorman's plea to hit the web site and such--to anybody, anywhere in the world, to whom wishes to see what might be as close to "The Last Full Measure" that is highly doubted to be done-- Plus, it puts a spotlight on others who deserve a bit of sunshine on their participation.

I am in the process of networking outside of my CWT family and re-enactment community.

It will take a miracle to see this through. Mr. Beckner is making a wish, so is Patrick Gorman--lets see if we can make dreams and wishes come through! :thumbsup: I love helping others! So, help me help them get the support needed to get this done! ...Please! :thumbsup:

Respectfully submitted for consideration,
M. E. Wolf

A personal note---

Folks, I don't get on a soap box or plead often but, one reason why I am pushing "To Appomattox" as this is something that is different.

Mr. Michael Beckner (Becks here on CWT) came here to research for "To Appomattox." I have had the honor of peeking into the script and find so much good in endorsing it.

Finally--the battle theaters outside the Eastern theater will be featured, generals like Buckner, Joe Johnston, A. Johnston, Gordon, McPherson, Rosecrans, C. F. Smith, to whom will be portrayed by our friend Patrick Gorman (Hood) and member of CWT also; and so many others that deserve historical appreciation.

Finally--there will be more inclusion of the Native American Indian. It won't be just Col. E. Parker, the penman to the Appomattox surrender but, Antione Scott a Medal of Honor bestowed on him, a Native American Indian with the Michigan Sharpshooters, composed of the: CHIPPEWA, OJIBWA, OTTAWA, POTAWATOMI INDIAN tribes, --finally, a real hero will be given just notice and bring Native American Indian history to proper notice--Long, long over due in my opinion. I believe Antione Scott's fellow MoH decorated companions will also be featured. Be prepared--as they will not be portrayed as the stereotype. These men were just as heroic as the "Code Talkers" in World War II.

Louisianans will be recognized, Texas will be recognized, so many will be 'finally' recognized and it won't be all "Lee" or "Grant." The joint 'team' effort of both armies will be featured --

I can't get much more into it but, these are points to which "I" think are important, as I've not seen Hollywood ever do before. Mr. Beckner is 'bucking' Hollywood norms and this is why he's not had smooth sailing to get this production to screen. He is staying true to his convictions and, it is my opinion, that he is on a personal mission to do justice to the forgotten participants in the Civil War.

Yes there will be other minorities in the production but not overpowering as to create an agenda. There will be few 'composite characters' however, the majority will be based on actual individuals like Antione Scott.

This production will not have the 'ranker' that has been a pebble in the shoe on previous productions and or discussions here. The pride he projects is on all those that fought and died, who were wounded and scared forever by the war and the families left to pick up the pieces. But, I think the most important ending in a summary to this production is, the plea for peace.

So, do extend Mr. Gorman's plea to hit the web site and such--to anybody, anywhere in the world, to whom wishes to see what might be as close to "The Last Full Measure" that is highly doubted to be done-- Plus, it puts a spotlight on others who deserve a bit of sunshine on their participation.

I am in the process of networking outside of my CWT family and re-enactment community.

It will take a miracle to see this through. Mr. Beckner is making a wish, so is Patrick Gorman--lets see if we can make dreams and wishes come through! :thumbsup: I love helping others! So, help me help them get the support needed to get this done! ...Please! :thumbsup:

Respectfully submitted for consideration,
M. E. Wolf
I'll push this through any channels I have too. Hopefully we will make a difference.

I'll push this through any channels I have too. Hopefully we will make a difference.
How do you know that this will not be another yawn fest like the much hyped Gods and Generals, if, repeat if, it gets financing?

Wait a minute, this is supposed to be RELEASED this summer and doesn't even have financing?

Back