Restricted Time for remembrance and Mourning

gentlemanrob

Brigadier General
Forum Host
Today I am sadden by what's happened to all of the statues I grew up with knowing about and visiting. I have always had a passion for all of history. In fact I learned to read for my grandmother with a history book and seeing statues when I had not performed well in school. I remember when I was 8 yrs old I had a learning disability my family and I went to Washington D.C. Well I didn't know who the statues were we were looking at. But I remember my grandmother telling me about them and I was so amazed I wanted to learn all I could about these people. Then I remember I went to a local festival and I remember seeing a table for the SCV Well I was amazed at the Uniforms and wondered if I had ancestors who fought in the civil war. So I asked my grandmother and she taught me once again how to read with learning about the past and visiting monuments and statues. One Summer we visited my entire families graves that had served in the War. I was amazed to see how many people had served. I ask today to remember these statues we must remember them as they were. It does sadden me that there could be other people out there who won't get the chance I had I am so fortunate for what I was able to learn. I included a picture of myself taken a few years ago at my ggg uncle's grave in Hollywood Cemetery. You see one of the stories was of my ggg uncle who was in his twenties at the time who his mother was unable to locate his grave or even his whereabouts. A couple of years ago I was able to find his grave in Hollywood Cemetery you should know how proud I am to have found his grave because Georgia is a long ways from Virginia. Last year his grave finally got marked. Let's remember the monuments and the families. I only post this for rememberance and for mourning.

IMG_6631.JPG

IMG_7846.JPG

IMG_7848.JPG

IMG_7853.JPG

IMG_6637.JPG

IMG_9806.JPG

IMG_9804.JPG

IMG_9867.JPG

IMG_5813.JPG

IMG_5826.JPG

IMG_5810.JPG