Thoughts on Confederates in the Attic

titans

Cadet
Just wanted to get some of your thoughts on Confederates in the Attic by Tony Horowitz. I have heard mixed reviews about it. I think that it is a great concept as far as investigating the current feelings in the southern states concerning the CW. Not being a southerner or even an american, I quite enjoyed the book. However, I know that there are some groups who are upset about the book and some of the aspects that were covered. Anyway ,

Have a Great Day!
smile.gif

Greg I enjoyed book.. Some parts are slow moving but over all its a good read. This past november I had the pleasure of meeting Ron Hodge the Hardcore reenacter thats through out the book. Come to find out we had relatives in the same cav unit in Alabama. And our relatives lived rather close to each other as well.

It's been a couple of years since I read the book, so I don't recall too many specifics. I think my general impression was that there are probably too many divergent opinions for one book to be able to do justice to them, though the author tried his best to interview a cross-section of the populace.

One thing I do remember specifically is that the first chapter or two was enough to convince me that hard-core reenacting is definitely not my cup of tea.

The thought of munching on hard tack is enough to turn me away. I like to shooting the repro guns and that's where I draw the line.

Back