Think this is really Grant?

JWheeler331

First Sergeant
Found this for sale and the owner lists this as Gen Grant. I am not an expert but thought I would show the people here and see what they thought.

01c6e0eb.jpg

f9ac3f54.jpg

9490f1aa.jpg

I was thinking this also. In most of the pics I have seen of Grant it seems his eyebrow on the left of the pic <----- is up more than the other.

I'm no expert but it sure doesn't look like any picture of Grant that I ever saw.
I third it. Just ran it thru my photo program, adjusting the brightness and contrast. Can't find any resemblance to Grant. Hard to tell if that is grayish beard under his mouth, or 2 spaces, as some wore at times. High contrast makes it appear as spaces, and not part of his beard.
And I don't believe the shape of the head is correct.
Just my opinion,
Chuck

300p-grant-ulysses-s-union-genl-standing.jpg
Ehhh, could be...
That's a drawing that appears to be based on the image in post #7, but the artist has straightened out Grant's crooked eyes.

The image in the OP is not Grant, it's just a man with a similar facial expression. Would anyone think that was Grant if it wasn't labeled as such? I've seen it before, but don't know who it is.

I dont know K. I have seen some photos of Grant in the early days of his career that I had to look twice at. If they were not labled I could not pick him out of a line up!

Back