The World should be Thankful..

Which Olympic Sport will you be Following at Beijing?

• Swimming

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Waterpolo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Archery

• Track & Field

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Badminton

• Basketball

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Boxing

• Equestrian

• Cycling

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Soccer

• Sailing

• weightlifting

• Wrestling

• Handball

• Judo

• Shooting

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Gymnastics

• Other, why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
China..

I think China is beyond the 'Communism is great' therefore our athletes must win gold mentality.

To the Chinese these games are symbolic of China's 'come uppance' in the world....This is not the 'Munich' games!

The Beijing Olympics may not be like Munich 1936 but it is a close second. The Chinese want the world to know they are a player the the world and that their way of governess is true and virtuous.

I bet, check in on the Chinese Athletes that preform poorly at these coming Beijing Olympic and see if we ever see them again at any other international competition. I guess is we won't...

Hidtory Repeats..

The Beijing Olympics may not be like Munich 1936 but it is a close second. The Chinese want the world to know they are a player the the world and that their way of governess is true and virtuous.

I bet, check in on the Chinese Athletes that preform poorly at these coming Beijing Olympic and see if we ever see them again at any other international competition. I guess is we won't...

GET READY!!!

History is repeating itself.....it's the summer 1936 all over again...

Being a pretty typical guy, I was never much interested in Women's sports, much less Women's Gymnastics. But watching Kerri Strug's heroic performance converted me. I'll definitely be watching this time out.

Home field.....

I just want to make a commit that almost every sport at the Olympics where judges are involved there seems to be a BIG Home Field Advantage for the Chinese.

I think the Chinese are getting the word out. Their Political System is best to all the Third World Nations....

My Gripe:

"sports" judged by scoring such as diving, gymnastics, synchronized swimming (don't get me started on THAT!), etc. (they are totally bogus). Some of these might be qualified as exhibition events (diving, athletic gymnastics), but silly "sports" (sync. swimming, rhythmic gymnastics, skateboarding, BMX) have no place in the Olympics.

My Opinion:

Only competitive sports which can be quantifiably measured should be part of the Olympics.

!!!

-

Agree about dropping judged sports (apart from boxing) but keep the BMX. Its the funniest thing ever in the olympics. Looks like the big kids in the park have taken the bikes off the little kids.

I don't suppose anybody spotted it, so I'll have to tell you. During the ceremony of raising the flags and playing of national anthems, the British flag was upside down. Not to worry, I suspect 99% of British citizens have no idea that the Union Flag has a right way up.

Back