ENDED The War of Independence and the SCV

Trader history for ROK (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROK

Cadet
Hello everyone, I just joined this website and thought I would introduce myself. I have been a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) for around 10 years now and Commander of one of the camps. I don't feel I know nearly as much as some of my compatriots, but I do have a pretty good knowledge of the War of Independence and the SCV itself.

I have read where some people think you have to have a direct lineage to an ancestor who fought in the war to join the SCV. However you can also have a collateral descendant, which would be for example an uncle to a direct descendant to join. If you do not have any decedents who fought in the war you can join as a "Friend." The only difference is you won't be able to vote, hold office of any kind or claim to be a member.

As a way to recognize persons who support the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV), but do not meet the requirements for membership, the General Executive Council (GEC) has approved the “Friends of the SCV” (FOSCV) concept which has now come to fruition.

For a minimum initial donation of $40, the “Friend” receives a certificate suitable for framing, a FOSCV lapel pin and a one-year subscription to the Confederate Veteran magazine.

Subsequent donations of $30 or more each year will maintain the SCV subscription and friendship.

Please note that “Friends” are not SCV members, may not exercise any rights of membership to include claiming to be members. The “Friends of the SCV” application may be accessed on the SCV website at this link:
http://www.1800mydixie.com/foscv.pdf

If anyone is interested in joining the SCV as a member or friend. Please let me know and I will do what I can to help you.
You can also contact the SCV on their website at the link below:
https://scv.org/what-is-the-scv/

I look forward to talking to everyone and thank you for your time.

OldmanReb

Private
Honored Fallen Comrade
I was a member of the SCV Camp in Wisconsin before it was shut down after the State Commander, Harry J. Walsh, Jr. passed away in 1999. I am the grandson of a Confederate soldier and met him plenty of times. I am most probably the oldest person on CWT. If your in SCV, you should talk to your commanders and try reinstating camps in Wisconsin. We have lots of Confederate history. I have tons of friends who descend from Civil War soldiers on the Southern side, many of which were held at Camp Randall and just decided to stay in Wisconsin after being paroled. Would love to be a State Commander of a Wisconsin SCV lol. It is so improbable it is funny, but I love what you guys are doing and would say I would like to join, but their is no state wide camps spread through Wisconsin since 1999.

The old website link for the WI-SCV branch was: http://my.execpc.com/~drg/wiscv.html

Status
Not open for further replies.