Restricted The soldiers of the Southern Confederacy were as brave as could be, but....

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

nc native

Sergeant
I guess things still haven't changed much since 1869 when this article was written. We still have differences of opinion of the virtues of each side in this conflict but the fact remains that we are Americans and we all have the freedom to express and hold such thoughts even in today's political climate.

Irishtom29

First Sergeant
Independence and states rights? Freedom from the hypocritical Racist North?
State's rights to slavery. Freedom from the North? How about freedom from slavery? Eh?

If it weren't for Northerners Florida would still be a backwater to a backwater; as Alan King said in Sunshine State, a place where white people eat catfish.

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
Independence and states rights?

Nope, ain't buying and ain't lying, the freedom and independence to keep and expand slavery ain't a cause I would laud. Courage, defending and laying down your life for your fellow soldiers, yep, that deserves recognition. But "The Cause?" no way.

Freedom from the hypocritical Racist North?
As I recall, those were called the "Free States."

History, real history, sometimes is a hard smack right between the "heritage."

Unionblue

Last edited:

uaskme

Sergeant Major
If the Yankee States are so Great, why don’t you Stay Home? Eat your Catfish and go back Home. Florida has become a region of Old Yankees and Canadians eating Catfish at the Early Bird Specials.

North has used the South, as an escape from their Miserable Existence since the Civil War.

8thFlorida

Sergeant
My family settled Northern Florida and Southern Georgia and we didn’t have slaves so your hypothesis is faulty!
Go home Yankee!
State's rights to slavery. Freedom from the North? How about freedom from slavery? Eh?

If it weren't for Northerners Florida would still be a backwater to a backwater; as Alan King said in Sunshine State, a place where white people eat catfish.

lurid

Corporal
If the Yankee States are so Great, why don’t you Stay Home? Eat your Catfish and go back Home. Florida has become a region of Old Yankees and Canadians eating Catfish at the Early Bird Specials.

North has used the South, as an escape from their Miserable Existence since the Civil War.
Scalawag politicians give northern and western companies the most outrageous business subsidies to set up shop in the south. I admit, it is completely crazy, but people are going to follow those jobs because they are northern and western companies and southern folk cannot fill the void. There's always a remnant of southerners who help the cause, but the majority do not remotely fill the void.

Over 90% of the Fortune 500 companies in America are from the north and the west. I'm not being cross with you grandpa, I'm just putting things in perspective for you and your little friends on here because you all seem to have a difficult time with reality and cling to ignorance. You know if you ask you shall receive, I'll drop some face melting stats on you.

Here is the most ridiculous one: Alliance Bernstein a global investment company from NYC just recently set up shop in Nashville, they dropped $70 million in investments and hired 1,000 employees. Nashville gave them 30 years tax exempt and literally a free building, amongst other economic incentives. The people who moved down from NYC to TN purchasing power has increased by at least 40 per cent. Your types are pretty much dinosaurs and are best kept in glass cage with a sign on it that says, "do not break unless an informal discussion about the Civil War strikes up."

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l

Well said and so true.