The Rings We Wore Around Our Hearts, Eternal Bands, Eternal Bonds

Then there's the worn, paper thin bands on gnarled, age speckled hands where the promise stuck. Those are my favorites, plain proof you can wear out a body but not that bond. Tend to see one occasionally in a used jewelry sale, always want to buy it and bury it somewhere sacred.

My grandmother's wedding and engagement ring was like that, so worn and thin. After she passed I pondered what to do with the rings, the wedding band my mom has while the engagement ring sat in my jewelry box for a few years. I'd look at it's worn band which was way too big for my fingers and wonder about all it had witnessed in her life. A few months ago I decided to have the diamond removed form the setting (I kept the setting - I couldn't bear to scrap it!) and made into a necklace. I wear it frequently and always feel I have not just a part of my grandmother with me when I wear it, but my grandfather also as he purchased it for her. :geek:

Sure, why not? Hubby and I had been dating. I was in school with his Bro, and he was this “rich” guy who had a job and a regular paycheck! Anyway, I told him he “owed me lunch” because I could never seem to be around when he took the gang out.(All guy group I hung out with..I was sorta one of the guys..I had brothers..) We went out on the motorcycle..he was so hot! Heheh! Anyway we started dating after that. mmmm..about 6 months maybe? I was getting ready to do some post grad studies in California, and we were at a Hardees I think, getting the salad bar. I kinda knew he wanted something, but was just too shy to make the first move. So I asked him to marry me over the diced eggs and red onions...seriously. He said yes. This would be why my son refers to me as the “alpha hen”. I knew what I wanted, and I felt it was what he wanted as well. I was right. My Mom’s comment was, “Only you”...

Love it when a woman proposes to a man. I really think it's awesome! :wub: Queen Victoria proposed to Prince Albert, so you have good company!

Back