The Photographic Album by J B Lippincott

Perhaps so!
IMG_20190228_093303.jpg

Being able to narrow down the location of the family would sure be helpful. Lippincott was a Philadelphia firm although that may not be a lead- how extensively were their products sold?

Somewhere in this album exist clues. You just know Butler's image is one. Also hate making sweeping statements but women's clothing can be a small help IMO. Some things don't change- there's a flamboyant edge to what wealthy women wore in say, NYC and D.C. while it's always seemed to me ( without qualification as an expert ) styles seem ' quieter ' in say, Philly and places where ' old money ' lived. That's just a personal observation, easily shot to heck if someone knows what they're talking about.

Being able to narro
IMG_20190224_110540.jpg
w down the location of the family would sure be helpful. Lippincott was a Philadelphia firm although that may not be a lead- how extensively were their products sold?

Somewhere in this album exist clues. You just know Butler's image is one. Also hate making sweeping statements but women's clothing can be a small help IMO. Some things don't change- there's a flamboyant edge to what wealthy women wore in say, NYC and D.C. while it's always seemed to me ( without qualification as an expert ) styles seem ' quieter ' in say, Philly and places where ' old money ' lived. That's just a personal observation, easily shot to heck if someone knows what they're talking about.
I hope that the one who knows, sooner or later will see and tell. Thank you so much for your opinion and advice.
IMG_20190228_093309.jpg

Of course the one at bottom left looks like another and possibly postwar photo of the owner of the album - the others, who knows?

1554230477552.png

This one bears a strong resemblance to noted abolitionist, onetime Pennsylvania Governor, and wartime Major General John W. Geary who was a division commander in the Twelfth Corps at Gettysburg, Chattanooga, and the Atlanta Campaign; I believe it's him.

1554230793087.png

previously met this photo in civilian clothes
Not sure - I don't think I had ever seen it before and was struck by the similarity between the two photos of Geary in and out of uniform; however, he was such a prominent figure both political and military he must've been photographed many times.

Not sure - I don't think I had ever seen it before and was struck by the similarity between the two photos of Geary in and out of uniform; however, he was such a prominent figure both political and military he must've been photographed many times.
In this case, can it be Ariovistus Pardee Jr.?
IMG_20190224_110455.jpg

Interest in the discussion has completely disappeared ...
I think the reason is that we have exhausted the identifiable subjects, leaving likely civilians and/or family members who there's little or no information about.

Well, since these photos do not represent any interest and historical value, the conversation can be deleted.

Back