The Pea Ridge National Military Park (Black & White)

Buckeye Bill

Captain
Forum Host
Annual Winner
* The Pea Ridge National Military Park is a United States National Military Park located in northwest Arkansas near the Missouri border. The park protects the site of the Battle of Pea Ridge, fought March 7th and 8th, 1862. The battle was a victory for the Union, and helped it gain control of the crucial border state of Missouri. (Wikipedia)

Curtis-Gen.-Samuel-R.-31507.jpg

Van-Dorn.jpg

IMG_3832.JPG

IMG_3827.JPG

IMG_3826.JPG

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3864.JPG

IMG_3871.JPG

IMG_3879.JPG

IMG_3881.JPG

IMG_3889.JPG

* The Pea Ridge National Military Park is a United States National Military Park located in northwest Arkansas near the Missouri border. The park protects the site of the Battle of Pea Ridge, fought March 7th and 8th, 1862. The battle was a victory for the Union, and helped it gain control of the crucial border state of Missouri. (Wikipedia)

View attachment 295809

View attachment 295810

View attachment 295811

View attachment 295812

View attachment 295813

View attachment 295814

View attachment 295815

View attachment 295816

View attachment 295817

View attachment 295819

View attachment 295820
Really lokks good in B/W bill.

Great photos of a very interesting battlefield! Truly beautiful country, masks the bloody battle that took place. Did you happen to get any photos of the "Trail of Tears" pathway? 10,000 Cherokee were forced marched through the Northwest part of Arkansas right through the battlefield 25 years earlier.
Regards
David

* Bump for the Anniversary of the Battle of Pea Ridge (Elkhorn Tavern), Arkansas.

The Battle of Pea Ridge (Elkhorn Tavern), Arkansas ended on this day in 1862 with a Federal Army victory. This victory assisted with the Federal government's control over the state of Missouri. The states of Kentucky and Missouri remained neutral during the American Civil War.

20200308_091706.jpg

Last edited:
I've run all around there and never have had the chance to stop in and stop at Pea Ridge. I hoped to stop by there next week on a little work trip, but no dice it seems

It'd be nice if I could get out to the reenactment this September.

I've run all around there and never have had the chance to stop in and stop at Pea Ridge. I hoped to stop by there next week on a little work trip, but no dice it seems

It'd be nice if I could get out to the reenactment this September.

This battlefield is in my top 5 ACW battlefields. It is so well preserved and maintained by the NPS. I will be there for my second visit in May. My last visit was 2011.

Bill

Back