The Passing Of James B. White.

I am very sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.

I learned a lot from James.

I knew of his illness and his prognosis and I have been dreading this news for months. I appreciate his kind assistance over the two years I knew him on line, his keen intelligence, and his passion for his subject.

Very sorry.

Saddened to hear of your loss. James B. White's posts were always infused with both wisdom and kindness. He seemed never to forget that these historical characters were genuine people much like us and often brought the personal within the historical anecdote to life. I will miss looking for his avatar and I'm sure you will miss so much more. My condolences.

Dear James B. White's Other Half:

Your husband was a person who, though I never met him, had a spirit that came through on his posts that was so distinctive, we all felt like we knew him! I always learned something from him. He was cherished by so many here, and will be really, truly missed. Thank you so much for posting here to let us know -- very thoughtful of you. Please know that I am praying for his soul and for your own peace and strength and consolation.

Dear James B. White's Other Half:

Your husband was a person who, though I never met him, had a spirit that came through on his posts that was so distinctive, we all felt like we knew him! I always learned something from him. He was cherished by so many here, and will be really, truly missed. Thank you so much for posting here to let us know -- very thoughtful of you. Please know that I am praying for his soul and for your own peace and strength and consolation.
Amen

It is with great sadness that I'm passing on the news regarding the death of James B, White. He enjoyed studying the Civil War era and posting here.

Mrs. James B. White.

Mrs. White,
My deepest condolences to you. Based merely on how he conducted himself on this board, he must have been a fine man to share life with. We will miss his "presence" here greatly.
- Terry

My sincerest condolences, Mrs James B. White. Your husband had told us about his terrible disease, but those who did not know would not have recognized any weakness in his posts. He was incredibly brave. We will remember him as a great member, a great teacher, the very voice of reason in many heated discussions and a good friend to many of us.
He will never be forgotten.

those who did not know would not have recognized any weakness in his posts.

I became acquainted with James' illness through a Grant thread, more specifically: a thread that posited that Grant could not have written his Memoirs whilst under such great pain & medication. James offered his own ongoing experience as a testimonial to the fact that a person could triumph over the effects of a ravaging disease, and continue to produce riveting material. Indeed, James proved his point every time he posted.

Back