The movie "Kill Cavalry".

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
While my wife was shopping today she purchased this for me.
Kill Cav.png

Has anyone seen it and should I watch it? I have never heard of this movie and usually if I have not heard of a movie I am hesitant to watch it. Still General Judson Kilpatrick is an interesting topic.

Never heard of it but IMDB gives it a 3.2 rating which is very low. One person said it's like a Civil War re-enactment .

My sergeant was posting on Facebook about this movie last night, ranting about how terrible it is. It was hilarious.

Yes it was terrible. i though a cavalry battle would have more than 6 horses on each side. Plenty of infantry and artillery, but I have doubts Wheeler's artillery used many of the pieces seen in the movie. Unless I am mistaken cavalry units were not often armed with mortars. I am not sure infantry sergeants lead charges waving a sword.

If I never watch it what if my wife asks "How did you like the movie I bought you? Maybe she will forget she bought if for me.
Have you not learned how to politely answer questions like this? :wink: There is always something you can say good about it. I enjoyed seeing the horses. It had some great costumes. It made me want to learn more about Kilpatrick etc. etc. Then you say thank you and hope for no follow up questions!

While my wife was shopping today she purchased this for me.
View attachment 390371
Has anyone seen it and should I watch it? I have never heard of this movie and usually if I have not heard of a movie I am hesitant to watch it. Still General Judson Kilpatrick is an interesting topic.
Major Bill - Welcome to Soldiers who fought on horseback. You are fortunate your wife though of you while shopping. I haven't heard of the flick either but you should watch it and write a review for us. Regards @Woods-walker

Looked it up on Amazon Prime Video. I can rent it, and watch it once for $3.99, or own it to watch as often as I want for $4.99. Says something right there! It's overpriced either way.
You can watch it or download it for free from You Tube. I watched about 15 minutes of it last night before shutting it off. I'm breaking up the link below so the movie doesn't upload to this thread.
Just add the https:// before the www.youtube.com/watch?v=SliRVtP0BFk

Not to forget Braveheart, Gangs of New York, Kingdom of Heaven and The Tailor of Panama. And in regards to the civil war he had a role in Cold Mountain.
Unfortunately - or in some cases, fortunately! - I've forgotten most of those other films (and never heard of or seen Tailor of Panama). Braveheart was too long ago, I loved Gangs of New York, but that too was a long time ago, and I positively hated Cold Mountain!

I have a feeling this Kill Cavalry is gonna be of the same stripe as that horrible Indi Movie about Forrest A Rebel Born.

A REBEL BORN TRAILER - YouTube

KILL CAVALRY MOVIE TRAILER - YouTube

They look to have the exact same B-Roll footage, and I'm guessing from the looks of it the same director by the way the trailers are put together. It looks like they took they're Forest actor and costume and had him play Wheeler in Kill Cavalry!

There's indie movies with real dedicated people who shoot for the stars and thus work towards that goal, with they're movies coming out with the same quality as a big budget, and thus will go somewhere one day.

Then there's complete clowns that makes stuff like this that make you run from the room after watching the trailer with your hands covering your face screaming "MY EYES! MY EYES!" and people like me wondering just who at the distributor's office approved this mess and what were they smoking.

Back