The Missing Confederate Gold

Toulouse

Cadet
Hello. Would anyone like to discuss what could have happened to the missing Confederate Gold? To be honest, I am not well-read on the topic and have a perfunctory understanding of the situation. However, claiming no expertise, I am well-read in other areas and can put 2 and 2 together. I happened upon the topic while visiting Washington, GA on my way to the Rev. War battle site of Kettle Creek and from what I understand, the gold was there at one point.

Hello. Would anyone like to discuss what could have happened to the missing Confederate Gold? To be honest, I am not well-read on the topic and have a perfunctory understanding of the situation. However, claiming no expertise, I am well-read in other areas and can put 2 and 2 together. I happened upon the topic while visiting Washington, GA on my way to the Rev. War battle site of Kettle Creek and from what I understand, the gold was there at one point.
We have had many great threads of this subject. If you will go to the top right of our home page you will see the search button. Type in Confederate Gold and enjoy the threads.

Toulouse, below is an OP that I posted back in March 2019 regarding the "Lost Confederate Gold".

Read Rebel Gold, by Warren Getler. The author relates how he stumbled into a life long treasure hunt for gold and other valuables stashed in various locations in the Ouachita Mountains of Arkansas by the Knights of the Golden Circle, during and after the Civil War. After reading the book I realized that there was more truth to the movie National Treasure 2 than most people realize, however embellished it may be.

A few years after the war a visiting reporter noticed many of the inhabitants of the Ouachita mountains had gold teeth.

Back