The medical care one gets at reenactments

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
ouch.jpg

I remember seeing a few like that when I was taking part in the 2014 Mariposa reenactment as part of a Confederate artillery battery. And I did want to head to the medical tent Bill, since all of the Confederate nurses were really pretty.

I may have seen those particle board stretchers before in period photographs, the question is we're the edges painted orange or some other color. We will never know due to the B&W photography sadly...wink.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

A while latter I walked by and he had a cigar in his mouth and a bottle of beer in his hand. I am not sure how period correct this was. It seems like Civil War soldiers would have known smoking while drinking in bed is dangerous.

A while latter I walked by and he had a cigar in his mouth and a bottle of beer in his hand. I am not sure how period correct this was. It seems like Civil War soldiers would have known smoking while drinking in bed is dangerous.
They might not have cared. :wink: After all, Dan Sickles himself lit a cigar when he was carried off the field at Gettysburg after getting wounded. And according to this post he drank three cups of coffee while waiting for the docs.

Back