Forrest The Klan and Nathan Bedford Forrest

Does anyone know if a William B Forrest (died about 1920) is a descendant of Gen Nathan B Forrest CSA?

Hi, David... I think from the articles on the Forrest Forum it's obvious he couldn't be.... the male line died out with his great grandson. As to the other possibilities, I'll leave it to one of our better Forrest experts to figure out what relationship (if any) there is.

Hello David, welcome to the Forrest forum.

I've got to agree with my co-host @Nathanb1. If your William B Forrest is a relative of the General, perhaps our other co-host @diane could weigh in.

Until then, here's a thread about General Forrest's son that you may enjoy :

https://www.civilwartalk.com/threads/william-montgomery-bedford-forrest.110285/#post-1061979

We definitely need a sub-forum for Forrest family! :D

Nathan Bedford Forrest III was the only son of an only son of an only son, and the direct male line from General Forrest died out. But - there are lots and lots of Forrests! The general had many uncles, and there were parts of the family still in North Carolina, where they had originally migrated from.

Maybe one of the family can help! @DSessom

Nathan Bedford Forrest III was the only son of an only son of an only son, and the direct male line from General Forrest died out. But - there are lots and lots of Forrests! The general had many uncles, and there were parts of the family still in North Carolina, where they had originally migrated from.

@diane is correct, You couldn't sling a dead cat up that way and NOT hit a "Forrest"

Does anyone know if a William B Forrest (died about 1920) is a descendant of Gen Nathan B Forrest CSA?

David,

Bedford only had 2 children, William Mongomery "Willie" and Francis Ann "Fannie". Fannie died at age 5.
Willie had 3 children; Mary Elina Forrest Bradley, Nathan Bedford II, and William Mongomery Jr.
Those were the only 3 grandchildren Bedford had. William's middle initial was M (Montgomery) and his children never changed thier name to Polk. He was married to Carrie Ann Thomas in 1902. All his children were Forrest - Masle, Roy, Harvey, Margaret, Virginia, and Florence.

David,

Bedford only had 2 children, William Mongomery "Willie" and Francis Ann "Fannie". Fannie died at age 5.
Willie had 3 children; Mary Elina Forrest Bradley, Nathan Bedford II, and William Mongomery Jr.
Those were the only 3 grandchildren Bedford had. William's middle initial was M (Montgomery) and his children never changed thier name to Polk. He was married to Carrie Ann Thomas in 1902. All his children were Forrest - Masle, Roy, Harvey, Margaret, Virginia, and Florence.
Thanks. :thumbsup:

David,

I've heard and read on this forum and elsewhere that the descendants of said grandkids later moved to Texas. Where many are today.

Back