The Great Locomotive Chase 1862 (Andrews' Raiders)

I want to thank everyone for a great thread. I replied earlier to a differant thread about the Andrews Raid and was wondering how Fess Parker (Texan) worked his Southern accent into the role.My traveling days are more than likely behind me and I'll probably never get to see these locomotives/monuments in real person as they are many miles from Texas. The pictures will have to suffice. Once again , Thank y'all.

I want to thank everyone for a great thread. I replied earlier to a differant thread about the Andrews Raid and was wondering how Fess Parker (Texan) worked his Southern accent into the role.My traveling days are more than likely behind me and I'll probably never get to see these locomotives/monuments in real person as they are many miles from Texas. The pictures will have to suffice. Once again , Thank y'all.

My pleasure!!!

Bill

I don't remember the ending of that Fess Parker film , did they depict his character being hanged in Atlanta or was there just mention of it?I
have read that Andrew's was to be married in the very June that he was hanged. Was that mentioned?

Last edited:
I don't remember the ending of that Fess Parker film , did they depict his character being hanged in Atlanta or just mention it?I
have read that Andrew's was to be married in the very June that he was hanged. Was that mentioned?
Andrew’s hanging spot is fairly well established, but his burial spot is still open to conjecture. That said, the hanging spot for the raiders is in a back yard about 2 blocks South from Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta.

I don't remember the ending of that Fess Parker film , did they depict his character being hanged in Atlanta or just mention it?

Andrew's Raiders Memorial, Chattanooga National Military Cemetery

9063170821201855.jpg

https://www.tracesofwar.com/sights/99766/Andrews-Raiders-Monument.htm

Back