The Ethereal Skies Of Gettysburg

Would those buildings have been in this area originally ?
yes the Forney buildings were the step off point for Iverson's brigade which attacked the Union 1st Corps soldiers on the ridge where the observation tower is now. Here is a turn of the century photo showing the farm house behind your monument. John Forney was still living in the buildings around the time of the photo. The buildings were basically rundown and vacant at the time leading up to the 75th anniversary. The buildings instead of being preserved were deemed an eyesore especially due to the eternal flame monument being so close to it and they were torn down right before the anniversary
t4682.jpg

WOW thank you for taking the time to post this image it really does have a very different feel and perspective than the wide open field in my photograph. Very interesting! I love this monument, don't you! Thanks again

WOW thank you for taking the time to post this image it really does have a very different feel and perspective than the wide open field in my photograph. Very interesting! I love this monument, don't you! Thanks again
Actually if those are confederate soldiers which it appears that the uniforms are light colored, that is pretty neat and historically accurate at the same time. Can you do the same with the tipton photo that would be cool

Actually if those are confederate soldiers which it appears that the uniforms are light colored, that is pretty neat and historically accurate at the same time. Can you do the same with the tipton photo that would be cool
I believe the men in the photo were a mix of both sides gathering to get ready for the reenactment battle that day. The monument in the Tipton photo is too predominant and would over shadow the effect of the ethereal soldiers in my opinion. That being said the Tipton photo is so cool!

I believe the men in the photo were a mix of both sides gathering to get ready for the reenactment battle that day. The monument in the Tipton photo is too predominant and would over shadow the effect of the ethereal soldiers in my opinion. That being said the Tipton photo is so cool!
maybe I can find another that would work thanks. Good art work

Beautiful & worthy of serious contemplation...

Unfortunate that the Forney buildings were removed.

How much would u charge for oh a 5x7?
I am considering doing some 5x7 cards of this image. I am waiting for the company I use to print with to offer me a discount so I can afford to print them and then sell them at a reasonable price which would be $5.00 dollars each. If you are interested, I will get back to you when I print them. The cards are very nice and they fit into a frame as well. This piece might be really cool printed on transparent glass, allowing light to pass through the picture.. I may consider it at some point.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and appreciation of this image. It means a lot !

I am considering doing some 5x7 cards of this image. I am waiting for the company I use to print with to offer me a discount so I can afford to print them and then sell them at a reasonable price which would be $5.00 dollars each. If you are interested, I will get back to you when I print them. The cards are very nice and they fit into a frame as well. This piece might be really cool printed on transparent glass, allowing light to pass through the picture.. I may consider it at some point.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and appreciation of this image. It means a lot !
Definitely let me know!!! Happy blessed Sunday

Back