Pickett The deserters daughter.

Waterloo50

Major
Forum Host
Silver Patron
I just happened upon this book which was apparently inspired by Pickett’s treatment of alleged deserters at Kinston. It was written in 1865 by W.D Herrington 3rd NC Cav. It’s free to view and I thought perhaps a few people may find it intresting.

Here’s the link. https://archive.org/details/desertersdaughte01herr

Last edited:

DBF

Sergeant Major
It took me a couple of times to read this - the book form is a little hard to read, but found the text even harder, but I found it interesting or I would not have tried so hard to read it. Thanks for the link - certainly a different way to tell a story. I felt for little maiden. Lula, she must have been terrified.

Waterloo50

Major
Forum Host
Silver Patron
It took me a couple of times to read this - the book form is a little hard to read, but found the text even harder, but I found it interesting or I would not have tried so hard to read it. Thanks for the link - certainly a different way to tell a story. I felt for little maiden. Lula, she must have been terrified.
Agreed, especially when he pretends to pull his sabre on her, she would have been terrified bless her, but hey, she never gave up any names.