The Construction of the Chatham Railroad

I was aware of the newspaper reports promoting the road in 1861, but I have yet to confirm the auction price when it was sold ten years later. Do you happen to know what price Raleigh & Augusta Air Line Railroad paid for Chatham Railroad? And, do you know what aid was provided by the state of North Carolina when President William Hawkins was attempting to bring the line back to life?

There was a Brigadier General Cullen A. Battle that led a Brigade in Rode's Division during the Wilderness Campaign. Most of the troops were from Alabama. I was just wondering about the family connection and possible prominence. Thanks for posting this thread.
Lubliner.

I was aware of the newspaper reports promoting the road in 1861, but I have yet to confirm the auction price when it was sold ten years later. Do you happen to know what price Raleigh & Augusta Air Line Railroad paid for Chatham Railroad? And, do you know what aid was provided by the state of North Carolina when President William Hawkins was attempting to bring the line back to life?
Sorry, I have seen nothing on either of your questions.

Back