The Civil War Podcast.

Ara Oko

Private
I just wanted to tell you about this podcast if you don't already know about it. But sure you do right? .
Researched, written, produced and broadcast by husband and wife team Rich and Tracy.
There are over 300 episodes, and is up to the end of Gettysberg. if you become a member you can head over to Patreon for 100 or so members episodes.
No, I'm not getting paid!
I'm just saying this folks; if you don't know about it, you're in for a real treat.

Discovered these Podcasts about 10 months ago; Really worth listening in to. I have downloaded numerous episodes to a USB Stick and listen when in the car; just about to start on "Fredericksburg" .
I don't think you'll be disappointed if you listen.

Discovered these Podcasts about 10 months ago; Really worth listening in to. I have downloaded numerous episodes to a USB Stick and listen when in the car; just about to start on "Fredericksburg" .

Same here - found these last year and highly recommend them to any and all interested in the ACW. (The book suggestions list is icing on the cake.)

"Vher ist das pontoon? " The routed federal German contingent fleeing back towards the river were shouting. One of my favourite episodes that!
Not at all funny for the terrified men involved tho.

I’ve been listening to it for years. My only critique is sometimes the voices can get hard to listen to. Probably more of a personal preference thing. But they do their homework and enjoy it. And like I said I’ve been listening for years so they do good work

Well, they were recording in their kitchen for a long time, and even had an episode where their dog wandered in and started slurping up water.
I find them somewhat endearing, I like their thorough analysis, and their prose. Some banter, some laughter, I think these guys are great.
There are similar podcasts, but not the same.
I'm glad folks here also like it.

I’ve been listening to it for years. My only critique is sometimes the voices can get hard to listen to. Probably more of a personal preference thing. But they do their homework and enjoy it. And like I said I’ve been listening for years so they do good work
Feeling yer amazing research to detail on this podcast agree Re the voices tho

Recent events have compelled them to take a break, they just announced. :frown: I hope all is and shall be well with them - and I really hope this doesn't portend anything more permanent because life can sometimes be an annoying... so-and-so.

Well, what they have already given us is treasure and I have a bunch of catching up to do.

Back