The Chambers Brothers

A story that has been told in my family is that the Chambers brothers like many families of the time were divided on their loyalites. My 3rd great grandmother, Caroline was said to have tied one of her brothers in law to a chair and dragging him down the road with a baby in her arm, for joining the Confederacy. They were from Kentucky their parents were from North Carolina, so they had Southern roots, yet moved to Indiana then Illinois before the war. I wanted to know if the family story was true. Their names were Jeremiah, Edmund, James, William, and Noah.
My 3rd great grandfather, James A. was with the 12th Kansas Infantry. His older brother Jeremiah fought for the Union, the same with his younger one Noah. I can’t name their regiments right off the top of my head. Edmund and William I’ve had issues tracing service records. A while back I remember seeing something about Edmund dying at the Battle of Little Rock. I don’t know if it is true. Edmund was born in 1832 and William in 1840.So if you could help me that would be great.

welcome-header.jpg

Back