"The Better Angels": New Film on Lincoln

From Rotten Tomatoes:
Indiana, 1817. The entire nation, only 40 years old and a few years removed from a second war of independence, is raw. Men, women, and children alike must battle nature and disease to survive in remote log cabins. This is young Abraham Lincoln's world. Spanning three years of the future president's childhood, The Better Angels explores his family, the hardships that shaped him, the tragedy that marked him forever, and the two women who guided him to immortality. Written and directed by A.J. Edwards, The Better Angels delves into visual and narrative poetry to express the Lincolns' world. The stark wilderness they inhabit comes alive in stunning black-and-white cinematography, and the story follows the lyrical course of the characters, who struggle physically and emotionally. They are forced to take on new additions to the family, learning what acceptance and empathy really mean. With an elegant touch and extreme attention to historical accuracy, Edwards shows the austerity of the era and reveals what shaped one of history's most distinctive leaders. (c) Amplify Releasing

Yes. I hope it is good.
I was surprized to see that it was filmed in black and white. While I think that it is probably a good choice for this particular movie, it might be off-putting to some people. Odd that we here on the forum get so excited about colourized photos, and this movie goes in the opposite direction.

I was surprized to see that it was filmed in black and white. While I think that it is probably a good choice for this particular movie, it might be off-putting to some people. Odd that we here on the forum get so excited about colourized photos, and this movie goes in the opposite direction.

I wouldn't think it would put people off. Personally, I agree that it's a good choice for a movie like this.

As always though, I think the trailers are pretty useless in determining whether a movie's worth seeing or not. So I'll wait and hear what people have to say about it. Sounds interesting though. I hadn't heard of it before, and am looking forward to hearing more.

Back