NF The Beguiled (remake) Trailer

Non-Fiction
This movie was one that only Clint Eastwood, at the time he made it, could have done right.

:thumbsup:

I respect Colin Farrell for tackling the role but, what big shoes to fill!!!

On the original's DVD special features it's mentioned that Clint did the role because he wanted to do something to break his typecasting from the Westerns but then I though it interesting that he went right back in with the Dirty Harry films. Hey, I'm not complaining, I love just about everything the man has done, but a one shot and quirky/odd film as this is hardly seemed to be enough to break that stereotype.

:thumbsup:

I respect Colin Farrell for tackling the role but, what big shoes to fill!!!

On the original's DVD special features it's mentioned that Clint did the role because he wanted to do something to break his typecasting from the Westerns but then I though it interesting that he went right back in with the Dirty Harry films. Hey, I'm not complaining, I love just about everything the man has done, but a one shot and quirky/odd film as this is hardly seemed to be enough to break that stereotype.

Another dark one he did against his type was being a helpless victim - the last thing you'd think Clint would ever be! - in Play Misty for Me. That was a creepy thriller and is still very good now.

This film has been TREMENDOUSLY controversial since it was announced:
Not really.

Mainstream audiences were actually quite indifferent with this remake.

Other than the " feigned shock " from the employees and fans of the links you posted, this movie was a flop.

Much like Matthew McConaughey's monumental epic fail: Free State of Jones

Last edited:
Not really.

Mainstream audiences were actually quite indifferent with this remake.

Other than the " feigned shock " from the employees and fans of the links you posted, this movie was a flop.

Much like Matthew McConaughey's monumental epic fail: Free State of Jones

That should have been better - good material in there. Seemed to me the director was out of his element. But... McConaughey proved he could look like Forrest if he had to!

d172cd6580c9.original.jpe

Back