The Beaumont Inn, Harrodsburg, Kentucky

James N.

Colonel
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
DSC04995.JPG

The Beaumont Inn in Kentucky's oldest town, Harrodsburg, dates from the 1840's and is centrally located for visitors to the state's many Civil War sites. In particular, Perryville Battlefield State Park is only a dozen miles to the southwest, and other locations like Camp Nelson State Park, the Mill Springs Battlefield at Nancy, and the Richmond battle sites are within an hour's drive.

DSC04999.JPG

The antebellum history of the inn as copied from their website: Constructed in 1845, the building which is now the Main Inn at The Beaumont Inn was a school for young ladies of our grandmothers’ and great-grandmothers’ day. It was owned by Dr. Samuel Mullins and operated as Greenville Institute until 1855. For the next forty years, the school was known as Daughters College and was under the direction of Mr. John Augustus Williams, former president of the University of Kentucky.

DSC04997.JPG

The many rooms in the main building are available as guest rooms, while a large dining room and smaller tavern have been constructed on the lower level. The parlors seen here are available to guests for relaxing and are furnished in period antiques, as are the guest rooms.

DSC04998.JPG

Three other buildings like Goddard Hall below built in 1935 are also available for lodging.

DSC05000.JPG

DSC04996.JPG

Very nice photos. My second cousin (on my father's side) - Helen Dedman - is one of the owners. I edited their website history article. If you stay there again tell her cousin John McG. from Oregon says howdy.

Hi John! Douglas and I will be staying at the Beaumont in a few weeks. Is Helen still one of the owners? If so I want to make sure and tell her you said hello. You did a great job on their history. They have a nice website.

Hi John! Douglas and I will be staying at the Beaumont in a few weeks. Is Helen still one of the owners? If so I want to make sure and tell her you said hello. You did a great job on their history. They have a nice website.

Very nice ! Thanks for remembering me. I sent you a PM with some family info so you'll be able to tell Helen who I am (been a few years since we've been in touch).

Thanks for the editing compliment, too. The article did need some work with grammar and punctuation.

Let me know how your stay went and if you got to meet Helen.

Very nice ! Thanks for remembering me. I sent you a PM with some family info so you'll be able to tell Helen who I am (been a few years since we've been in touch).

Thanks for the editing compliment, too. The article did need some work with grammar and punctuation.

Let me know how your stay went and if you got to meet Helen.

Thanks John! Will do!

Back