The Battle of Monterey Pass and the Retreat from Gettysburg

alicia

Cadet
Hello All,

In my research of the Gettysburg area, I stumbled across a website for the Battle of Monterey Pass. The website is an excellent one, providing a ton of information about the battle that was part of the retreat from Gettysburg. The website was created by John Miller, who is the founder of the Monterey Pass Battlefield Association, an organization dedicated to the preservation and education of the battle. According to the website, Mr. Miller has dedicated the last 10 years to researching and preserving this little known battlefield, which reserves the honor of being the only battle fought in 4 counties within 2 states. Mr. Miller has a book available on the website that I just received and it is a very well written and very educational read! All of the proceeds from the book go toward the installation of an interpretational marker to be placed on the battlefield. Anyone who is interested in learning more about the Battle of Monterey Pass or Mr. Miller's book should check out the website at www.emmitsburg.net/montereypass
It will be well worth your time!

Alicia,

Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy your time here.

I'm having trouble with the link, so I'll have to follow up later. Thanks for sharing it.

I found it to be a very educational website, so it is my pleasure to share it! If there are any other gaps or pieces to the puzzle that you can't quite decipher you can contact Mr. Miller who runs the site, I found him to be most helpful with my questions and also in ordering the book. Happy researching!

Back