The Battle of Fort Pillow

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Forrest who fought in the Civil War was a ruthless general. Not a bad guy, but not exactly a good guy either. (Most of them weren't good guys, what's your point?)

The Forrest who went before the Most High twelve years later had all the good parts of that without the aspects not so lovable.

Hey, I think most people are fundamentally good. It's part of how the species survives as a group animal. Troop members who are too deviant on this issue get shunned or taken out. (Of the gene pool, ideally)

Hey, I think most people are fundamentally good. It's part of how the species survives as a group animal. Troop members who are too deviant on this issue get shunned or taken out. (Of the gene pool, ideally)

I suppose it depends on how you define good. I'm using a higher standard for the term than you, I think.

Otherwise, agreed. And Forrest seems pretty clearly to be within the definition of fundamentally decent, unlike some people (starts with S, ends in N, and is short and dishonest).

Well, by "good" I mean "decent human beings." Not necessarily Great Men/Women. Maybe my standards are fairly low...

Well, by "good" I mean "decent human beings." Not necessarily Great Men/Women. Maybe my standards are fairly low...

Well, if your "good" means the same as "decent", and we agree Forrest qualifies in either case, I think this has become even less than a matter of semantics.

I don't think it has to do with standards, except for just how one hands out praise, which really isn't the same thing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back