The Battle of First Bull Run in Jackson MI.

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Jackson Michigan will have their Jackson Civil War Muster in August. The First Battle of Bull Run will occurred Saturday August 26 at 3 PM. Should I try to make it there by 3 PM so I can watch the battle? I will have to cut short my usual Saturday lunch with my wife. Sunday would be a better day for me.

I do wonder how accurate the uniforms at the First Battle of Bull Run will be. I take it Richmond type 2 jackets are not completely correct for this battle. Should I expect to see a bunch of State issued Northern uniforms? Also green 1st U.S. Sharpshooters coats might not be fully accurate.

One day I plan on ordering a Michigan 5 Button State Blouse from Wambaugh, White and Co. to portray early war, but figured a Frock Coat will suffice.

The 4th MI will be there, so expect to see their red hats.

I guess the impression really comes down to the reenactor/unit.

One day I plan on ordering a Michigan 5 Button State Blouse from Wambaugh, White and Co. to portray early war, but figured a Frock Coat will suffice.

The 4th MI will be there, so expect to see their red hats.

I guess the impression really comes down to the reenactor/unit.

I am a docent at the Michigan History Museum and yesterday a fellow docent wore a Wambaugh, White & Co. Michigan 5 Button State Blouse to the Museum. So I got to had an opportunity yesterday to get a good look at it. The blouse was very nice. Wambaugh said that there were no decent Michigan reproduction button s available so they use standard federal buttons. My fellow docent had replaced the US buttons that came on the blouse with post Civil War Michigan button. The post Civil War buttons have a slightly different pattern but only a real expert would know. All and all it was a fine looking blouse and would work for early war 5th to 10th Michigan Infantry Regiments. If you get one contact me and we can discuss the caps that were made in Detroit for these units.

Will definately do so when I get around to purchasing one. Seeing as one of our events is at Historic Fort Wayne in Detroit, it would be rather fitting for that location.

Back