The American Ancestry of US Grant

What New England Colonies where the ancestors of Ulysses S. Grant from originally?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello, my name is Thomas Edward Grant, Ph.D., author of the latest biography on US Grant. (Published, December, 2017) The book is titled, Ulysses S. Grant: Primogenitor of American Civil Propriety, Amazon.com Books.

As direct descendants of a common Grant family ancestry, we share the distinctive forces of inherent family nature and nurture. The book is a response to a century or more of derogatory and unfair treatment of Ulysses S. Grant, a family prodigy. But the book is more than a long overdue defensive work about Grant himself, it is the summation of years of original research about its principal subject and of the historic principles he lived to defend. Grant was not only a product of his individual life and times but the stuff of his North American ancestors. US Grant was a product of several centuries of patriotic kindred spirits that parallel none other than the origin and authentic historical history of the United States of America.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
Welcome to the Company Street, friend. Pretty illustrious collateral relative there. I'm looking forward to hearing more about him.

Cavalry Charger

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Looks like I'm going to be in your good books...I voted correctly!

Welcome, friend. Ulysses is my favourite :smile:

TomP

Sergeant
I also am a direct descendant of a common ancestor with Grant: Richard Warren, a passenger on the Mayflower. Because of this connection he and I are 3rd cousins, 7 times removed. I look forward to reading your book.

And, a big welcome from NE Mississippi.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)